1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get DVD-R or DVD+R to load

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by drtysnchz, Apr 22, 2005.

1. drtysnchz

drtysnchz Member

I'm trying to back-up a couple DVD's with my new DVD X-Copy Express software. I'm able to do step 1 just fine (load the DVD and have it read it and copy it). My problem is when I get to step 2 and it asks me to put in a blank DVD. I've tried DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD RW, and none want to 'spin up' to where I can click on the START button. The green light on my CD drive just blinks for 5 seconds, then nothing. Just curious what may be the problem and if there's a solution? Thanks!

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Do you have a dvd-rw drive?

If you do have a dvd-rw drive,check it's firmware version and look for the latest version at that manufacturer's web site.

Also check your pc's ide channels-primary and secondary- in the device manager. Make sure they are in DMA or UDMA,and not in PIO mode.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

cd drive???

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

I just thought of this. Have you run Drive select? it is in the X-Copy prgram folder. You will need to run that so the program knows what drive to use. If you only have 1 drive it will appear as nothing happened but that is OK. Re-boot and try to copy the DVD again

6. drtysnchz

drtysnchz Member

I guess I should have said my 'DVD drive' - I'm pretty new at this and making my first attempt at copying a DVD. I've tried Fujijilm DVD-R, TDK DVD-R, TDK+R, and a Memorex DVD-RW. None of them have worked. My computer is a Dell laptop with a DVD Rom drive. It was sent with Sonic RecordNow burning software. With the DVD Express, I figured there wouldn't be any problem. When I put a DVD in to watch, it loads just fine, and I've been able to burn CD's with it. Just having problems with the blank media when trying to copy DVD's.

7. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

When you said my drive is a DVD-Rom drive that is not a burner drive. If that is what you have then you will not be able to burn DVD's
    Now if you accidentially made a mistake when you typed DVD-Rom then you will need to go into the Windows program files and find the folder that is 321 software folder or X-Copy folder. Inside that folder is Drive select. Just click on it.

Make sure that drive of your can burn DVD;s