1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Get DVD Shrink To Work!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Not-Now-U, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Not-Now-U

Not-Now-U Guest

i have been trying to get dvd shrink to work for 2 days now....i've read instructions from 2 different posts...i just can't seem to get any where...as a newbie to all of this...i am opened for suggestions..would appreciate some help if i can get it..thanks in advance.

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

You need to tell us what you have been trying to do with DVD Shrink so that I or somebody else can try and help you.
    Just list what steps you are taking when trying to use the program.

3. wayne77

wayne77 Member

put in movie, click open disk this will take about 5min at most then go to back up this will encode will take longer up to 2h on a slow computer then just keep pressing ok should start ! u have nero ?

4. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

OK. I am not a great expert, but I if I can not help you others will join in. You have DVD Shrink, now download DVD Decrypter.
    You need to step back and read some guides.

So let's start from scratch. Open DVD Shrink, click on Edit then select preferences. On the pop up screen you will be on the Preferences tab. Click on the drop down menu (DVD-5, DVD-9, Custom) and select Custom. Enter 4360 for MB. Next click on the Preview tab un-check enable video preview (saves on CPU power). Click on File I/O tab un-check enable burning w/Nero. Click on OK.
    Put a movie in and click on Open Disc. Shinrk will then do a quick analysis. The next screen should show the movie information. At this point you have more options, but do it this way for your first try.
    Click on Re-author, on the right click on the file under main movie and drag it to the left side. Click on compression settings, if it says 100% good, if not look down the audio, sub title list. Get rid of what you do not need. I keep the AC3 5.1-ch English. Hope your compression is 70-100%.
    Now click on Backup!. You will see the Backup DVD pop up screen. You will be on the Target Device tab. On the drop down menu for " Select backup target" select ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter. Next click on Browse and pick a folder where you want the movie to be stored, otherwise it will go on the hard disk. You will have to go through My computer to get to the file. On the DVD Region tab check Region Free. Quality Settings tab - 100% no compression - no choice to make, otherwise you might want to select deep analysis (leave the default of Sharp this time). DEEP ANALYSIS will take a lot of time and CPU power, but it is worth it on high compression. Options tab, I would not run in low priority, you should not being anything else on your PC anyway.

Now click on OK. Go do something for the next hour(s).

DVD Decrypter
    The Decrypter should open itself when Shrink finishes. If not open DVD Decrypter, click on Mode, select ISO, select Write W. Under Source - Please select a file... click on the folder and go to the file you made earlier. Put in a blank DVD and click on the picture of a hard disc and DVD disc to write. Cross your fingers.

GET some RW discs, so if you screw up, you are not wasting a disc.
    Let me now how it goes.

5. Blkstng

Blkstng Guest

6. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

rroettger:

Tried to burn a movie exactly as you spelled out and mine wouldn't burn. Semaphore timed out? I have been having a hell of a time burning and ScubaPete has given me a good list of things to do, but still won't work. Guess I'm just going to say the heck with it and stop trying. Too frustrating.