1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get Dvd to Play....?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rock1111, Sep 10, 2003.

1. rock1111

rock1111 Member

The hardware I am using: AMD 1.4 with 1gig of ram, 200 gig of space. I have a Plextor 708A, the new 8x burner, and yes it burns at 8x in recordnow max. I have ripped DareDevil with dvd Dycrypter, and then used dvd2one, and got main movie with ac3 and dobly, nothing else. Next I made a folder VIDEO_TS and copied all the files into it. Next I wrote it with RecordNow max, makeing sure to close off the disk,..etc.. following a guide. I have also tried nero 6 and no luck.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong? I am using 4x Ritek Dvd+R and burn in at 8x, with no problems, and i tried 4x also. I also tried memorex Dvd+RW. They all work fine with audio and everything on the computer but no go in the player. The standalone player is Apex AD-600A . From what I understand Apex will play almost anything.

Any Ideas of what I am doing wrong. I don't know what else to try. And do most players that play DVD+R will play DVD+Rw so I can test with it first?

Thanks For any help that can be given.

I appreciate it!

Rock

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Not all players will play RW's. You need to check in the players manual. You are not doing anything wrong in terms of creating the disc since it plays on your PC. Unfortunately the Apex seems to have a problem and it is possible that the laser is damaged or that it just doesn't like playing 8x discs. Does it still play other discs OK?

3. rock1111

rock1111 Member

It does play retail disks, but not dvdr's or dvdrw.. I have been reading at another forum that the apex player isn't compatible unless firmware update, which I did, but still not working. I did however get the disk to run on my xbox, but about 20 min into it, it freezes. Any ideas why?

4. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

crappy media

5. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

crappy media

6. Fibre

Fibre Guest

have you tried -R media?

7. rock1111

rock1111 Member

I haven't tried -r yet because I have a spindle of 100 +R. I thought the media I bought was the prefered through the industry? I did try the dvds I burned on a new Apex 1225 and worked perfectly.

8. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

never mind ritek is a good media

9. jjjjjjjj

jjjjjjjj Member

I too have an APEX AD-600A. Same problems, it will play commercial stuff, but no DVD-RW or DVD-R. Most copies play fine on PC or X-Box, but I too get the freezing about 1/2hr into the film. Tried Maxell DVD-RW and TDK DVD -RW. I have a fresh spindle of Imation DVD-R, but not sure if I should bother. Help if you can....