1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get games to burn

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by barret88, Feb 21, 2007.

1. barret88

barret88 Member

Hi guys.

I just recently flash my Toshiba-Samsung 360 with the Xtreme 5.2 firmware. I am using a Lite-On LH-18A1P-186 Dual Layer DVD burner to burn my backed up games. I am burning them onto Memorex DVD+R Dual Layer DVD's.

The name of my ISO is Gears.iso and my .dvd file is Gears.dvd . I have run the Acid Flash Image Stealth check to see if the ISO passed all the tests and it did. When I open up the .DVD file in notepad it says Gears.iso.

I then go to burn it on DVD Decrypter and I set the layer break to 1913760. I then burned the DVD at 2.4x and it burned without any errors. I put it in the 360 and it came up telling me that I would need to update the dashboard or something like that and it asked me if I wanted to. I selected yes, and it restarted the 360. When it loaded up the game it said "The Disc is Unreadable". I have tried burning it twice now without any luck.

I did not set my bitsetting on my DVD drive but I read somewhere else that if your using the version of Xtreme firmware that I am that I don't have to...is this true?

Could anyone enlighten my as to why this isn't working? I think I am doing everything correctly.

2. nmpue

nmpue Guest

You could try CloneCD. Just select the .dvd file and burn.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

if i had to guess i would say it is those Memorex discs, they are just not very good. You may want to get a small pack of Verbatim DVD+R DL and try those. Something like a 3 pack. That is what pretty much everyone i know uses for their 360 games.

4. barret88

barret88 Member

I will have to try CloneCD when I get home from work. Any other suggestions?

Alright I changed the bitsetting using Lite-On's tool and it still wouldn't work.

I think I'm doing everything right...I'm 95% sure I flashed it correctly. Is there any way to make sure that it is flashed right?