1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant get HDloader to work on my Ps2, please help!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by IshotJR, Dec 18, 2004.

1. IshotJR

IshotJR Member

Hi guys

Great forums, ive been a lurker for a while but now ive decided to join ;).

Anyway, onto my problem.

Ive got a 120gig Maxtor Diamond 9. Im booting a backup of the HDloader (i have a fliptop), its the 133 meg version i downloaded. It detects and formats my HD no problem, and installs games no problem, but when i go to run them all i get is a black screen.I did a search and it said it might be the compatability modes but im sure its nothing to do with comptability modes cause i tried VF4-Evo which is supposed to work without any compatability modes enabled and all i get is black screen.

Any ides ?, i know for a fact the drive works, i checked the serial on HDloader.org and everybody with this drive has gotten it to work.

Please help.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  2. arya6000

arya6000 Guest

Have you tried other games?

3. IshotJR

IshotJR Member

Yes, and none worked but not to worry, i finally got it working :).

Turns out it it was because i was using my AR2 to load my backup of the HD loader. I tried my Swap Magic 3.2 instead and boom, works perfect.

It seems the HDloader works the same as the old EA based CD games. I allways use my AR2 for CD games cause the Swap Magic 3 disc is a POS (it doesnt load half the time) but oh well.

I might see if i can get my hands on backup of the DVD version HDadvnce, seeing s the Swap Magic DVD actually lods most of the time.

4. arya6000

arya6000 Guest