1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't get internet on psp

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by donmobs, May 7, 2007.

1. donmobs

donmobs Member

I keep getting the message, "communication with the server failed. A DNS error has occured. (8041040F)" I'm using a mac computer. This is what it looks like when I choose information for the conncection I always use.

conncection name ic2

SSID home

security none

ip address 192.168.1.102

subnet mask 255.255.255.0

default router 192.168.1.1

primary dns 192.168.1.1

secondary dns 0.0.0.0

proxy server do not start

internet browser do not start

please help me!!!

2. SwordsG

SwordsG Regular member

turn your internet off for 10mins then back on
    works for me

3. donmobs

donmobs Member

so all of my settings are ok? because i also posted this question on yahoo. Someone provided a link and one of the steps said "you should note that if the access point is using WEP encryption, you will need to enter the WEP key manually (when the access point is detected, it will display the type of encryption it is running. If it displays none, simply move onto the next step." Does that mean that on WLAN security settings on my psp, when you get to that menu, (the WEP has the blinking box around it,) does that mean that's what I should choose? im really confused.

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

it doesn't matter what computer you use, you are not connecting to it. you are connecting your psp to the wireless router. now, the WEP is the encryption on your router, no one knows that but you. so you have to figure out what it is (or if you even have one). to do this, try connecting WIRELESSLY using your mac, and see if your router has any security. if there is, and you cant get through, refer to your router manual. If it's a wireless modem provided by your isp, call your isp.

5. donmobs

donmobs Member

actually i got the internet working by using a weak connection that I never would have thought of using. thanx a lot for helping me though.

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

you sure you are connecting to your router? if your wireless router is anywhere in sight, you should get 100% signal. I've never used a mac, so I dont know how to make sure you are connected to the right access point. But I think this is what happened. You have a wireless encryption on your router (if you never set up one, it should be manufaturer's default, refer to your router manual); but since you can't accesses that without password, your mac automatically connected to the next available connction without any encryption.

7. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

if anyone can help, i have the same problem for NBA game, it says DNS error and the same numbers as donmobs said.