1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't get into "configuration" in the recovery menu

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sturmars, Aug 22, 2007.

1. sturmars

sturmars Regular member

everything works find in the recovery menu but when i try to go in the "configuration" tab i get a blank blue screen..i can go into CPU Speed and make adjustments and any other places to make adjustments but not in configuration... whats wrong? im running cf 3.40 OE-A

2. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Downgrade to 1.50 using 1.50 Recovery Winstaller. Once you've done that, deep format the memory stick in Windows (uncheck quick format), and then format it in the XMB (Settings/System Settings/Format). Now install 3.52 M33. Once done, do the same format process as stated above. Then install 3.52 M33-4 Update #4. Format again. The reason you format so much is to ensure that the memory stick is not damaged, corrupt, or fragmented. This prevents any possible instability in the future.

3. sturmars

sturmars Regular member

AHHHH.... WHAT?

i didnt understand any of that. their has to be a simpler way.

4. psp35

psp35 Regular member

nope. just read it carefully and do what it says.

5. sturmars

sturmars Regular member

but why must i upgrade i didnt ask for that..
    i just wanna fix my recovery not change the firmware

6. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Ok, listen carefully. Click this link. Download the file. Connect your PSP and go into USB Mode (Settings\USB Mode). Double-click on the EXE file. It will install the Recovery Console. Once it is done, turn off the PSP (hold the switch until it powers down and then release). Wait 2 or 3 seconds. Now turn it back on WHILE holding the R-Trigger button. Use the down button on the D-Pad (not the joy stick) and scroll down to Recover. Press cross (the X button) to run it. Press cross again and it will start the process. Once done, it will want you to manually shut down. Turn off the PSP ONLY AFTER INSTRUCTED TO DO SO. You now have 1.50 (Official). Now, go back into USB Mode. On your computer, go to Start/My Computer. There will be your memory stick until the catagory "Removable Drives", most likely labeled "memory stick". Right-click on it and select Format. By default the quick format should be UNCHECKED. Ensure it is unchecked and press Start. It only took 1.5-2 minute to format my 4GB drive, so it shouldn't take too long for you. Once done, go back to the PSP. Go to Settings/System Settings/Format Memory Stick. Now go back to USB Mode.

Go go to here. Download the files it tells you to, it is already given to you, just click to download, and follow those instructions to the letter. They are VERY simple and dumbed-down (no offense), so it should be easy. Once done, install update #4. At this point you should format the memory stick again using the same method as above.

Go here. Click on Update #4 (M33-4) to download it. All you have to do, once you extract the zip file (please God, you better know how to uncompress a zip file), and copy the two folders "PSP" and "seplugins" onto your memory stick (%:\ where % is whatever letter Windows assigns it). It will want to copy over the PSP folder, let it. Now shut down comppletely and power back on while HOLDING the R-Trigger. Scroll down to "plugins->" and press cross (the X button). Scroll down one time and press cross. The file will go from "disabled" to "enabled". Once enabled, go "Back->" and "Back->". The PSP will reboot normally. Go to Game/Memory Stick and press cross. Ignore the text as the file link I gave you is safe and press cross again. In a matter of seconds, it will be done and will reboot. After powering it back on, format again the memory stick. Congrats, you now have 3.52 M33-4, the latest and most current as of me typing this thread.

EDIT:
    Forgot to tell you, you must have a battery at least 75% charged (full is recomended) with the AC Adapter plugged in at ALL TIMES. During the processes of up/downgrading, don't EVER disconnect the power cord, battery, shut off, or even stand-by mode. Don't do it. P.S. this is as simple as I humanly could. I apologize in advance if its so simple, it offense your intelligence (what is left of it).

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  7. jctech6

jctech6 Guest

format flash1 should do it.