1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get into parties with my friends playing Halo 2

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by ucfmoe, May 24, 2007.

1. ucfmoe

ucfmoe Regular member

Whenever I try to get into a party with my friends, it tries to join me up and then I get a message that says could not join party because we are having network problems, sorry about that. But thats only when I'm connected to my router, if I'm connected directly to my modem then it works fine. Has anyone else had this problem? Are there certain ports I need to open to get it to work when I'm connected to my router? Thanks everybody

2. 2f4st4u

2f4st4u Regular member

try getting a new router maybe the one you have took a shiiii and it doesn't work anymore ;)

only do this as a last resort becuase there is probably nothin wrong with the router it could just be a networking thing

3. Sohn536

Sohn536 Regular member

some routers have a firewall or a port that needs to be changed by ur pc, cause mine requires you to modify the port or turn off its firewall to connect to any online battlenetwork such as WC3 bnet, halo, and also to host any kind of game, also cant get on Counter strike if i dont turn off the fire wall

4. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

Disable upnp in your router, it fixed my problem. I have a linksys WRT5G4GS