1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't get iso off "Shall We Dance?"

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by iconfused, Feb 28, 2005.

1. iconfused

iconfused Member

i've been trying to rip the iso off shall we dance? for 2 days now and i can't get it. i tried DVD Decrypter 3.5, DVD Shrink 3.2, tried to get rid of css with AnyDVD 4.5, and used Alcohol 120% 1.9. nothing works. getting on my nerves!!! lol. every program stops dead and gives some kind of error message after 13% of reading dvd. i see that other ppl have been successful with getting the iso. what am i doing wrong?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sounds like the disk is bad or dirty. It always stops at 13% is a very good indicator of this. I would suggest you try cleaning it really good or get your hands on another copy.

3. iconfused

iconfused Member

thanx. i read something along the lines of that yesterday after i started having the problem but it wasn't clear enough for me to be certain. i just started workin with dvds and i thought it was user error! lol. thanx for the help...back to blockbuster i go! lmao. gotta love that movie pass!

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK... May I recommend something?? There is a device called the SkipDr and if you are planing on backing up alot of DVD's I would recommend you get your hands on one of these. It will repair about 99% of these bad disks and you can find one online for around 25$ now.

[​IMG]

It is a very good investment indeed!! :)

5. iconfused

iconfused Member

i know i need one, it's the next thing on my list to get. i've heard great things about them. my buddy has one. do they just polish up the disk or do they do like i heard and take a thin layer off the disk? if so, can that hurt the disks in any way?

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It looks like it actually takes a thin layer off but I am not sure really. All I know is it works and how can that be bad if the disk didnt work before?

7. iconfused

iconfused Member

alrighty. thanx for the help. i'm definitely gonna buy a disk doctor. as long as the disks work i won't complain. lol.