1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't get it going

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mann1426, Jan 8, 2005.

1. mann1426

mann1426 Guest

Some one HELP Me! I have the decrypter and the dvd shrink. I've been trying to burn little black book, but when i used the decrypter it read the movie but I could not find the file on the shrink. What am I doing wrong?

2. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Rip it with Decrypter in [bold]FILE[/bold] mode then use Shrink, hit "[bold]Open Files[/bold] instead of Open Disc.
    If you rip it in ISO mode, you won't be able to Shrink it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

New type of copy protection on that movie and several others. Download the newest version of Decrypter to remove it. Do a search for your movie or Resident Evil and read the fixes.

Jerry

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Even with the latest version of Decrypter, you need the sector list patch for RE2 and LBB to do the job properly. Without them Decrypter will complete, but will show errors at the end. The lists were on the Decrypter forum and have been listed on the forum. You'll have to search that out.

I used AnyDVD Beta and encoded the movie to the HD with Shrink and burned with Nero Express. The process didn't take any longer than normal. AnyDVD Beta works best so far with the unreadable sector encryption and it doesn't need patches to work. It has a 21 day trial from Slysoft.com. So, you can rip these movies with it, even if you decide not to buy it.

5. mann1426

mann1426 Guest

O.K. brobear I've have the programs, now how do I use them? Remember I'm a newbie at this.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Simple, with AnyDVD loaded, the little red fox icon should be on in the taskbar. It works on its own. Just follow the Shrink guide on operation. Open the disc normally. When it gives the options, choose encoding to the HD. Then use Nero Express to locate, load and burn the folder after Shrink completes. If that is too difficult, just use Shrink in the default mode to burn automatically with the Nero Burning ROM, it may work that way, I didn't try it (it should). Use an RW if you have one to save on wasted media. Some virtual tours of DVD Shrink can be found in the guides at http://dvdshrink.info and comprehensive guides can be found here at AD and a more complete one at Doom9.org.

7. brobear

brobear Guest

BTW, Slysoft updated the Beta to 4.5, so make sure you're using the latest.

8. mann1426

mann1426 Guest

Hey brobear it's the newbie again. I've got the movie compressed and ready to go but when I went to nero it said my demo version has expired. What's Up with That?

9. brobear

brobear Guest

Depends on when Nero loaded the trials. The 30 days starts from when Nero set up the trial downloads, not when you loaded it on your PC. So, you may need to download the current trial again. Be sure not to load the InCD portion or if it gets loaded delete that part in Add Remove on the control panel.

10. brobear

brobear Guest

In case you ask why no InCD... batch writing software causes problems with a lot of DVD video recording apps.

11. brobear

brobear Guest

Forgot to ask, what is the file size of the compressed video?

12. mann1426

mann1426 Guest

It is 4464 mb after It was compressed. I'm trying to do little black book.

13. brobear

brobear Guest

Well, that's under the 4.37GB limit, about 4.36 GB. All you need to do is load the file in Nero and burn it.

14. mann1426

mann1426 Guest

sorry it's taking me so long to reply, I'm trying stuff as you tell me. I down loaded nero again and it still tells me the same thing, Iguess I'll have to go ahead and buy it.

15. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

mann1426,
    Use the Nero Clean Tools to clean your HD of Nero. Then re-boot and now re-download Nero Ultra. What you have just done is clean up you registry of any items left in it by Nero

16. mann1426

mann1426 Guest

I'm having trouble finding the nero ultra. I went directly to the nero site and all they had was the version I DL,which was 6.6.0.3, This is making me so freakin' MAD that I think it might be in my computers intrest that Ishut it down for the night and get a fresh start monday.

17. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

mann1426 ,
    Your there. I should have explained better. Nero Ultra was renamed Nero Reloaded so you are at the correct spot

18. mann1426

mann1426 Guest

the reloaded said the demo time expired and to check later for another one. So I'm gonna call it a night and try again monday. Hope I can contact you later if I need more assistance, and thanks for the help

19. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Nero Clean tools:
    http://www.nero.com/us/Clean_Tools.html
    You need to use this before you D/L again. Uninstall Nero and then use all of the clean tools and then re-boot 2X. Then re-install Nero Ultra trial version

20. brobear

brobear Guest

And catching the downloads when they're first posted insures you're good for the month.