1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant get my ps2 to boot my dvd games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by JUVY, Nov 26, 2004.

1. JUVY

JUVY Member

it takes for ever for me to get my ps2 to load my dvd rom games..i have a magic chip in it forgot what version chip i got it a while agoo liek 2yrs..do u think it may be the chip and i need to upgrade to a new 1..any sugestion. it takes me so long that by the time i get it working i dont wanna play it no more..i burn my games wit dvd dycrpter..on 2.4x i am using memorex dvd-r..r they good..?

2. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

i had the same problem with memorex. people around here say verbatim dvd's are good. i went out and bought a five pack of sony, fujifilm, and memorex. so far memorex doesn't work. then i tried fujifilm and they worked great and loaded up like normal. but if you ask around it all depends on your ps2. your chip should be fine.

3. JUVY

JUVY Member

WERE CAN I GET THOSE DVD U SAYED ON A CERTAIN WEBSITE OR IN ANY STORES..?THE VERBATIM

4. jdb34

jdb34 Member

What version is your PS2?

Try burning a movie to one of your DVD -r and see if the movie loads faster.

I have a version 4 PS2, and when trying to play DVD -R is would just sit at reading disc. I wasnt patient enough to see if it loads up.

Chances are its your PS2 and not the chip or media.

5. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

not sure where you can find them. i tried looking for them at best buy and i had no luck.

post a different thread and ask everyone which is the best dvd media to buy for backing up ps2 games.

also some people have had luck with dvd+r, but like i said before it depends on your ps2.

6. dks142

dks142 Member

I am trying to do my first PS2 backup as I type. What do I need to do to my console to be able to play these backups. I have read some threads about magicswap (I think). Is there a download that I can create my own bootdisc? Is there any chance that I will be able to take this backup game from my computer and put it in my console and it play just fine?

7. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

i use memorex dvd-r, and they work great for me on a magic 3.1 chip.

8. JUVY

JUVY Member

i got a v7 ps2 is there a certain way u gotta boot v7 ps2 cuz i tryed and tryed again and shit takes for ever to boot gonna try and change to diff dvd cuz when i 1st burnt the game it worked fine now it takes for ever to load the game..?

9. dks142

dks142 Member

How can you tell what version your PS2 is? My model number is SCPH-35001