1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get my R4 card working...

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Ghaleones, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Ghaleones

Ghaleones Member

When I put it in, its always on the loading screen.

It just says "R4, Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) on the front, looks exactly like this one:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/73590139.jpg/sr=1

I heard I need to install some system bios or whatever, and I have tried getting the ones from this site:

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

But none of them seem to work. Do I just extract the files of the Winzip to the SD card and thats it? Or is there something I am missing? Which of those links should I be using with my R4?

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

google wood firmware for r4 nds, download it and put it on your micro sd card

3. jakdor

jakdor Member

Can anyone help? I have an Original (not a clone) R4 card & am trying to load it on my DS Lite, however it all goes well up to the point where i select a game & it says its loading & then i just get two blank black screens. I have tried numerous sites & downloaded the up to date Firmware & Wood file but with no look.

The R4 card has worked previously, & it's only since i have decided to use my DS Lite & not my DSI XL that i have found this problem.

I also have an Acekard 2i for my XL & am having the same problem with that one as well. I have been doing this for a few years now n=but never had this problem before & it is now driving me mad, can anyone offer some ideas/solutions to my problems as i can't use either of my DS consoles at the moment.

Cheers

4. shalome

shalome Regular member

The wood firmware has been updated to V1.48. chere here. After you download the wood V1.48, extract the file. put the "__rpg" folder and the "_DSMENU.DAT" in the root of your sd card. Another, before you do this, format your sd card will be better.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  5. shalome

shalome Regular member

I have a question, you mean the r4 card can work on your DSi before? but as far as i know, the original r4 card can not work on DSi but only work on DSL. Another, have you already formatted the sd card or used another SD card to test it. Maybe your sd card is broken.