1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get my Slide Tool To Enter Playstation

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Argg, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Argg

Argg Regular member

I already seen the video demo, and looked at some threads. I think I have a version 1.0 or 1.02. I can't even see how it is that I can get it in. (It sopposed to go in the bottom of the tray right.)

Also, can somebody tell me where to go to find out how to use slide tool with HD Advance.

2. Argg

Argg Regular member

Okay, Well know I realize in the video, the front piece of the tray is removed. So, more importantly, How do I remove the front piece of the tray. (The Part with the Playstation Logo On it.)

3. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

<p> It is a bit tricky in removing the front piece.
    <br>First u must remove the screw attached to the left arm of the tray. That is 1 of the 2 screws that hold the front piece together.
    <br>The 2nd screw is the 1 right directly behind the little ps2 logo. This screw is located behind the ps2 logo, front of the tray. U cannot see this screw unless u peel the front piece a little bit to the front. Keep twisting until u get the screw and the ps2 logo out.
    <br>Third, this is the tricky part. I dont know how to describe this part, but u should be able to peel off the front piece now.
    <p>For the slide card part, it is very hard to do it in the 1st time. Just imagine that the tray is a rectangular right. Going from Left to Right. 1 little knob, then another knob at the very end of the tray (inside the ps2, u cannot see either of them).
    <br> First put the slide card on the bottom of the tray, the big rectangular part should face up, about 2-3 cms away from the left of the tray.If u do it right, your slide card should go all the way inside and u should feel that the hook of the slide card is holding onto the 1st knob. Slowly slide the card to the right, the tray should now open.
    <br>Now u can swap for your back up, push the tray back in. Now understand that your 1st knob is right next to the 2nd knob. All u have to do now is slide the 2nd knob to the left which will lock the tray in place. So first u slide the card from the left till u feel like u hit a bum on the right. Slightly pull the slide card out, like 1-2 mm and slide it to the right. Now u should feel that your slide card's hook is stuck onto something which is the 2nd knob on the right. if u do it right, slowly slide the card to the left till u have a snap sound.

4. MarkPS2

MarkPS2 Regular member

I just clicked the front of my tray off, you dont need to take the screw out. Them little side bits that hold the tray break off but you dont need them it just means the front doesnt go on very well but I leave it off anyway.

Then just put it in with the bit that sticks out (what you hold on to) at the bottom and the hook to the right. Slide right and you feel resistance and then the tray pops open a little. Then just pull it all the way out, put back up game in, slide tray back in (I do this by hand).

Next put the tool back in at right hand side, slide to the left and the tray should go into place. Choose NTSC or PAL and press X.

Good luck :)

5. Rahilb

Rahilb Guest

if u r worried about breaking the front bit, just heat it up with a hairdryer and pull it off

6. Argg

Argg Regular member

Alright,Thanx alot. But last question. When exactly am I supposed to but in the backed up game with HD Advanced.

7. Rahilb

Rahilb Guest

sorry cant help u there, i think hard drives are pointless, so i dont have 1

8. Argg

Argg Regular member

Hard Drives are dope. They way easier to use. (Change mode vs. Patches and Iso Busters)

But I know somebody can answer my last question, Cuz I got the Patch, and PPf, and Decrypter, and the Slide tool, (still trying to figure it out) All I need is HD Advance help. (You don't need swap magic right?)

9. Argg

Argg Regular member

Okay, Know I'm almost set. I know when to swap the disk. What I need to know now is, How to use the Slide tool.

Can you use it when the Console is turned off. (I was trying to practice) Or can it only be opened when cued by Hd or SwapMagic.

Whenever I Slide it to the right, I get resistance, But it's heavy resistance, I only goes over so, much.

It Looked so easy in the video. I don't know if I Have to wait for the cue or what, But I'm going to figure this out.

10. Argg

Argg Regular member

Hey Hey,I'm on my Way.

I figured it out. People should make it clear that you have the lift the tool up a Little bit over a little bump to move it all the way to the Right. That bump was the Heavy Resistance I was Talking about.

Now to buy the game.

11. MarkPS2

MarkPS2 Regular member

Yea I didnt know what to do at first but once you know its easy :)