1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get past xbox bios screen...help guys!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by boomerdog, Oct 1, 2003.

1. boomerdog

boomerdog Member

I'm new to modding so pleez cut me sum slak.
    ok, i got a xecuter 2.2 lite. hooked it up. everythins good. i get to a screen that says please insert bio update or sumpin like that. i think there is suppose to be a pinguin...it aint there. i totally bite at all this bios stuff. somebody pleez tell me how to get past this screen...in english. also, if its leegal, can ya tell me where to find it? thanks guys.

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

The best Tutorial I've seen for Flashing the Xecuter chips is on www.system-mods.com
    You will find all the Apps except the bios to use. You will need to use either an Evox or X2 bios, not another Linux bios as per the directions.
    RustyDog

3. sdfile

sdfile Member

Hi Guys!
    I learn a good lesson today... MY BIOS UPADATE WORKED!!!!

Thanks to lots of guys who posted infos at WWW.XECUTER2.COM forum

Date : 10.1.2003
    Xbox V1.3
    ModChip Xecuter 2.2 Lite Plus
    Problem = Can't upload the stupid update bios
    (To guys out there! Better read a lot before your itchy hands start to buy your preferred mod chip)

Okay here is the info I wish to share with all of you..

MAKING THE FLASH CD. Look, ignore those outdated tutorials using OZXFLASH. You don't need that anymore, You really hacked dont need it.. the new cromwell can flash on its own.
    1) Download a good hacked bios from the usual sources. I suggest the X24977.bin(256K) bios, really works!

2) FLASH ONLY one of the two banks! That way if you mess it up you can reboot to cromwell and try again. Here's how:

3) FIRE UP X2BE. Choose 512k bios. Yes, 512k, not 1mb! Fill in the first two banks with your X2 hacked bios that you downloaded. Then save the results as bios.bin (the default file.)

4) BURN IT. Get Nero and a blank CDRW. Take a 100mb random file on your HDD. Rename it to 0dummy.bin.( I use winzip to compile my file about 100MB and save it as winzip.. it worked also)The 100MB file I used MP3 songs and compile as Odummy.zip file.
    Add this file and your bios.bin file to your compilation. Burn at 2x, DAO/96, FINISH CD. This is your BIOS CD.

5) FLASH IT. Turn off your XBOX. Set the external switches to "ENABLED, BANK 2, UNPROTECTED." Turn it on and get cromwell. When it prompts, drop in your newly minted bios CD. Wait for it to do its thing. When its done, it will turn off the XBOX.

6) USE IT. With the power still off, set the external switches to "ENABLED, BANK 1, PROTECTED." Say a quick prayer and turn on your XBOX. You should get a flubber with the Xecutor 2 message. Congrats!

IF YOU EVER NEED TO REFLASH, just set the external switches, with the power off, to "ENABLED, BANK 2, UNPROTECTED" . Then turn on your XBOX. It should boot into Cromwell and you can then reflash your bios.

my email:sdfile@hotmail.com

4. boomerdog

boomerdog Member

Yea...what are ya'll talkin bout?
    Remember...i dont know wut im doin...please talk to me like im a 1st grader.