1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get PC to detect Xbox 360 DVD Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by worrwhore, Oct 6, 2007.

1. worrwhore

worrwhore Member

I recently bought a toshiba-samsung dvd drive off ebay to replace my broken dvd drive in my xbox 360. i was following this guide that i found off google to get my computer to detect the drive and i can't get it to work. i tried using pSlax but windows still won't see the drive. i can see that my computer recognizes the drive by checking on startup. i am running windows vista and i am using my onboard sata. i have a DFI LanpartyUT nF3 250GB mobo.

any ideas?

2. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

I dont think you know the whole story. First of all i hope you still have your broken drive so that you can read the firmware off of it to get your drive key.
    Secondly you need to do some research before you go attempting to flash your drive. Slax cd and windows detection is used for hitachi drives. You read/flash the samsung drives from DOS.
    I would recommend going to www.360mods.net and goto their tutorial sections and read for TS-h943 ms25, ms28

3. worrwhore

worrwhore Member

thank you, that clears up the issue i've been having. i'll try this out and see if it works.

4. worrwhore

worrwhore Member

ok i was able to get the key and i got to the point where i have to put the key on the samsung drive. i am following this guide: http://www.clevermod.com/index.php?article=11 and i am at part 6. but when i type in mtkflash r /m backup.bin or mtkflash w /m xtreme.bin, it tells me that there is no drive detected.

am i doing something wrong?

5. xbubbax

xbubbax Regular member

hey chief, you need to do your homework, USE SEARCH AND LOOK FOR THE XBOX HACKING FOR NOOBS GUIDE

NO N-FORCE MOBO CAN READ XBOX360 SATA ODD....YOU WILL NEED A 3RD PARTY SATA PCI CARD FOR IT TO BE READ.....

QUOTE: i am running windows vista and i am using my onboard sata. i have a DFI LanpartyUT nF3 250GB mobo.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  6. wjducham

wjducham Member

Wondering if you ever got it working? I'm trying to hook up my flashed TS-H943 to my pc to rip games. I have a VIA VT6421A SATA card that I used to flash it. The problem is getting windows to recognize it. I use the 0800 disc to boot and it shows up in device manager, but in my computer I can't access the drive and XBC doesn't recognize it either. Any suggestions?

7. stupidbox

stupidbox Member

worrwhore can you read the dvd movies or mp3 cds or other types of media (except games) right now, without hacking the rom.
    because i got the same problem as you and looking for a solution. i cannot read anything.
    please let me know.
    thansk

8. wjducham

wjducham Member

Not sure if you were referring to me, but you have to get the samsung drive in mode b for windows to recognize it after it's hacked. If that's not right, someone correct me, but that's what all the tutorials say.

9. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Guys you flash Samsung drives in DOS, not Windows. So there's no point in trying to get the drive into mode b. You need to search for a specific on flashing a Samsung MS25 or MS28 depending what drive you have.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  10. GEDG

GEDG Member

Hi guys, I'm new here. I just wanted to ask if anybody here could help me with an issue regarding Xbox 360 drive flashing. I have a Hitachi Drive version 0059 and I've set it into modeB using Slax CD successfully, I have Windows Vista Ultimate. My problem is that Windows seems to detect the new hardware (Hitachi Drive) but it installs drivers automatically for it (I can't stop this) and then tells me to restart, otherwise the OS doesn't detect it until I restart...when I restart Windows won't even boot trying to detect the Hitachi drive (I suppose) during the loading screen and keeps restarting the PC all the time unless I turn off the PC by force...anybody know what the issue might be? oh yeah, and I didn't flash the PC's DVD drive or the hard drive by accident...I tried both just in case and they're working flawlessly...if anybody could help me it would awesomely appreciated!!

11. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

I can tell you the main problem. Its vista. It is possible to flash with vista but there always seems to be various problems.
    Maybe setup a dualboot with vista and XP. Use XP and im sure you will have no problems first time.

12. GEDG

GEDG Member

Thanks

13. GEDG

GEDG Member

So I just got rid of Vista (even though I never had any problems at all before) and reinstalled XP...no problems with Vista but I "REALLY" wanted to flash my 360 because some of my older games are beginning to get scratched because I let some friends borrow them for some time and I need to back them up...

14. GEDG

GEDG Member

Hey guys, it's me again, I got another problem hoping anybody on the other side can help me. My X360 Hitachi Drive 0059 won't flash, the command windows thing tells me that it can't detect build number...how can I make the software detect the build number? anybody?

15. nag0l

nag0l Guest

Hi i accidently erased my ms dashboard on my xbox so if anyone knows how to get the cmputer to read the hard drive i would be grateful email me at madi0sbon@aim.com p.s. not my account.

we are the guys who suck dick redrum.

16. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

FIRST OFF CAN PEOPLE STOP POSTING QUESTIONS IN OTHER PEOPLES THREADS!! JESUS ITS ANNOYING START YOUR OWN BLOOMIN THREAD HOW HARD IS IT??

Ok, Rant over..

GEDG, if your flash a hitachi use Maximus Firmware Toolbox, No DOS needed.. Much simpler.

17. GEDG

GEDG Member

Wow...that was pretty late but thanks for that, I flashed my 360 around a month ago already, I simply went back to XP,and presto! then I bought a second hard drive and re-installed Vista on that and now I have dual boot...

18. GEDG

GEDG Member

I wasn't using DOS, but a command prompt windows opens up anyway when you use "open command prompt here" (or something like that) powertoy for windows XP...anyway, it turns out that by changing the folder which contained the modded firmware and all that to the desktop and tried flashing from there and it worked flawless...so far I backed up 5 of my games...