1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get port opened for utorrent

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by jerecho, Feb 9, 2011.

1. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

I have tried and tried and can't get it open

I have a d-link router and the norton antivirus that comes with comcast. I have opened the port in the router settings and told norton to allow everything from utorrent. It was working fine but I had to reinstall windows and now I can't get it working again. Any tips on what is wrong?

2. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

go like this: utorrent settings, firewall settings, router settings. unless youve reformatted you router settings, you shouldn't bother with the router except a glance at settings. look at utorrent networking options just to make sure. definately though, examine norton.

3. deltas

deltas Member

I'd say leave the router as it's settings will be as you left them unless you have been in to change them since.
    Ensure the port settings in utorrent match the ports forwarded on the router, also norton firewall will need re-configuring to allow utorrent and it's port setings.

4. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

That was what it was. I didn't tell u torrent what port to run on. I was just opening the port on the router and then going to a port checker site, put in the number and it would say it was closed. As soon as I told u torrent what port to look for it opened right up. Thanks for all the help everyone.