1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get ppv football or ppv with "The Box" or can I ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sandisk, Jul 17, 2007.

1. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Hi guy's, hopefull some of you's might have some suggestions on my prob.

Basically I bought "The Box" tonight from a friend of mine cause he told me it's very similar to the "Dreambox" that I was originally going to buy.

I bought this with the intention of watching the sports for myself and the kids channels for my kids.

I'm not familiar with software or firmware for these boxes as I only handled one for the first time tonight but he told me "The Box" has the latest firmware and he also set up all the channels into sections in the favourite list, RTE1,BBC into the TV and then sky sports into the tv and news ect......

So I navigated through all the channels and everything was perfect until I came to the ppv football!!!! It came up "Bad channel or this channel is scrambled"

Then I went through to the ppv channel and I get the same.

On both these channels, it did say "this channel is off air" but I rang the guy and asked if you can access the ppv football channel and he said NO.

He said you can see it when the adverts are on but when a match is startin, it will ask you to call a number. :-(

He tells me you only get the main NTl package and don't get ppv BUT the xxx channels are coming thru so that defeats his point already.

One of the main reasons for me to buy this was to watch the ppv and now I'm very disappointed that I can't :-( Or is it possible to ?

I'm living in Dublin/Ireland and my cable provider is NTL.

Thanks guy's
    Sandisk

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Dont worry as all the PPV football is on Slysports and Setant* this year. The two PPV channels you have is Sly box office,(which you will only get when someone orders a film in your area). The other PPV is for boxing/wrestling events and you will get these when they are on.

So as I said dont worry you will get all your football.

3. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

As Scouser mentioned , you will get to see the footie :) Roll on August ha ha

4. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Cheers for the reply guy's, it's a big relief knowing that I'll get to see all the football, I think I went into shock there for awhile, I sat in the chair for about 15 minutes just looking into thin air with the remote in my hand lol

Yes so, I just checked in "All Chanels" and it seems there is 3 ppv channels in total, ppv football, ppv and ppv channel.

When I click on the first ppv channel, the screen just freezes and it comes up "bad channel or scrambled", then when I click on the other 2 ppv, it says channel off air and the "bad channel" msg pops back up but the screen doesn't freeze.

So you reckon when there is a fight or wrestleing, one of these stations should appear un-scrambled ?

Thanks again for the help guys :)

Sandisk

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes they will except the PPV football as this is now defunct as Sly are showing all the football on Sly Sports so no need for PPV football.

Let the season commence :)

6. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Yes channel off air , cos nothing on now at the moment and yes you wont miss out on anything lol If you do then come back to us and we have you up and running before it begins lol

Ohh guys and girls if ya dont mind :)

7. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

8. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Excellent!!!!!

Thanks very much for the very swift reply's and the help out :) Now I should be able to get some sleep tonight lol.

Thanks again
    Sandisk

9. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Your welcome , sleep well lol