1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't get r4 to work/please help

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by bulbosity, May 31, 2007.

1. bulbosity

bulbosity Member

hello,

can someone please help me with my new purchase of r4? i finally got it into ds, but now i cant get the games i loaded to work. i am not very literate on all this stuff. thank you

cant get my games to play. press "A" and it just goes back to menu

in games it says "0" games on top screen then lists pokemon pearl and pokemon diamond right below it (also spongebob).

on lower screen it shows a folder marked as directory, then below that it says
    "final revise: 05-31-2007 06-53-16"
    "1015_pokemon_diamond_usa_nds_lgc"

i cant get the games to play

2. spathi

spathi Regular member

look to the right of the top screen. if against a name it says <DIR>, its a directory. if you select it and press A, you will enter the directory and see the files inside it.

If it says a size (like XX kb or XX Mb), its a ROM and you can highlight it and then press A to run it.

what you described is a directory called "1015_pokemon_diamond_usa_nds_lgc". if you highlight it, and press A, and it doesnt show any files, that means you dont have any roms in the directory. rom files have the file extension .nds. copy some roms onto the microsd and try again. make sure you're copying the files and not directories.

also, the R4 wont read Zip files, you will have to unpack the zip file and copy just the .nds files contained in them

PS. press up and down with the direction pad (left of the screen) to select differnt roms and directories. when it says '0 games' it means there are no files in the current directory with the extension .nds

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  3. bulbosity

bulbosity Member

think i actually got it working!!! how do I quit the games once play? i have tried everybutton and only the on off seems to work.

4. Jademalo

Jademalo Regular member

if you press te red button at the top right of the screen on the game select menu, it will go green. now, you can quit games by pressing A/B/X/Y/L/R/Start/Select all at the same time

:)

5. spathi

spathi Regular member

Actually the reset code is A+B+X+Y+L+R (no start or select)
    Just press them all at the same time. For this to work, the small (R) button at the top right of the bottom screen must be green when you start the game.

6. bulbosity

bulbosity Member

you guys are great!!! thank you so much. what is the L and R buttons?

7. Jademalo

Jademalo Regular member

The triggers on the back. Left + Right :)

8. bulbosity

bulbosity Member

aha! i never noticed those b4. my 7yr old son comes to spend the next 5 days with me, he put his own money ($10) into this. thank you so much, you have made a young boy very happy, i am grateful!

9. Jademalo

Jademalo Regular member

No problems at all Mate ;)

Happy to help :)