1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't get widescreen!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by FenixKidd, Mar 9, 2005.

1. FenixKidd

FenixKidd Member

Hi guys, I'm trying to burn an episode of 24 divx avi file. When i select the file using DVDsanta to convert, under the size heading it says the resolution is 624x352 but none of the selections in dvd santa allow me to select that resolution. Thus, I get a full screen product with all the different combinations I try. Isn't there an option where I can set my resolution? Any tips?

Thanks!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can Not make a DVD useing the 624+352 resolution, the DVD standard doesn"t allow for that resolution...

The Standard resolution used on DVD"s for NTSC is 720+480 and DVD Santa Probably just Resizes every File to this Resolution at Full screen without regard to the Proper resizeing technique or the aspect ratio....

If you want this File to Be resized to 720+480 but still look Widescreen then the resolution would have to be resized to 704+400 and you would need to add a 8 Pixel Border to the Left and Right sides and a 40 pixel border on the Top and Bottom to make up the 720+480 resolution....

You Probably can not do this in DVDSanta because DVDSanta is a Consumer orented program and doesn"t have the Settings needed for Proper resizeing much less proper Encodeing...

I suggest you use a Different More flexable Mpeg encoder Like Tmpgenc which has the settings needed to resize this File that way you want....

Cheers