1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant get xbox to read cd-rw cd-r dvd-r dvd-rw

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by bailsssss, Feb 25, 2009.

1. bailsssss

bailsssss Member

so i am trying to install slayers 2.7 version but all of the discs i am burning wont work. i have tried brand new dvd-r and cd-rw and i followed what the tutorial said in slayers pdf so. i have used nero and magic iso. what can i do?

2. varnull

varnull Guest

what else have you done??.. you need to fit a chip before you can install slayers.. or did that part escape your notice?

3. bailsssss

bailsssss Member

really? i guess i didnt know that i red the pdf that came with the iso and i didnt see anything about installing a chip.

4. ds_dude

ds_dude Member

yeh but what do you do if you are like me and you have a hard mod but your still cant got your xbox to read the discs but you have done every thing to the letter and used the best and cheapest discs on the market but it still wont work ??? ( and shooting blowing it up is not a option by the way tempting but na sorry )

5. varnull

varnull Guest

it should read dvd-r .. all the others are doubtful... neither of mine like 16x dvd-r so I have a stash of old 8x disks specially for them.

see the thing is this.. "it doesn't read disks" doesn't help much as there is more than one kind of drive fitted and they all differ with the disks they will read. Help yourself by helping us with more information.. drive make and model for a start and does it read anything at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2009
  6. ds_dude

ds_dude Member

right nits a thompson dvd drive and it still plays copy games and orrginal games but i have to turn off the console for it to read the games discks ( and it comes up with ms dash restart backup and setting) and iv been using ( vergin discs ) signalex dvd+rw 120 at 4x ,samsung pleomax dvd-r8x , tdkcd-r80 upto52x and meany outher makes and speeds with no luck at all and now im not sure what to do maybe find a manual version of aid or slayer and do it manualy ? and if there is such a program out there so if you need more info just let me know what you need to know ( i will need it spelling out as im still a compleate noob at moding consols ) and i will give you every thing i know and can find for you

7. varnull

varnull Guest

ok.. the +rw.. forget it.. same with cd-r .. might at a push do cd-rw

samsung pleomax 8x-r .. my record on a pair of samsung 605b's 50/50 .. my pals tommy.. nothing.. no disk

one trick with the tommys.. and not many people know this... try cd-r and don't finalize the disk. burn at 16 .. not 52 XD

Otherwise you will have to look for dvd-r 8x with the ritek G05 dye .. I have hundreds of ridata silver 8x-r's which are superb (purple sleeve around the 25's) My disks of choice.. 100% success rate unless I screwed something up.

There is a tommy pot tweak on llammas repair site.. but if it's reading your existing disks well then I wouldn't go down that road...

Most likely it's the disks or how you are burning them.. it could be your burner also.. took me a little hunting to find one which did good reliable burns... shouldn't be a problem tho these days. imgburn is better than the new versions of nero.. I know people who have had problems with versions after 6 .. not all.. but some have.

You should look at ftp to update stuff .. because slayers will kill a softmod stone dead if you get anything wrong.