1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Import or download Nero made Slideshow DVD

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by koala21, Feb 9, 2007.

1. koala21

koala21 Member

HELP! A yr. ago we went to AU & NZ--we took over 1000 pics that we wanted to put on DVD's--we bought hp dvd740 that came w/Nero Oem Suite--I found it to be very unfriendly to use--I made a NZ slideshow on 5 DVD-RW--I wanted to download to my harddrive but they won't load--I called HP because the program came w/the writer--No Help there--I emailed Nero 3 weeks ago had 2 responses--followed their instructions ie: send screenshot of the disk content & try to import into Nero--neither have had a success--emailed Nero again--no response--I have purchased another program to create a dvd slideshow but I need to find out how to get these Nero dvds' to download or import so I can start over again. These dvds' show 40-50 pics on each 5 dvd. If any one has suggestions, all is welcome!

2. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

Hi koala21,
    To get the slideshows off the DVD, you need to copy the VOB files from the disk.
    Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the DVD. There will be a VIDEO_TS directory. Open that and you should see a stack of files named like VTS_01_1. There will be a VOB file for each of these VTS numbers. They are also the largest files. Copy these files to your hard drive and you should be able to import them into your slideshow application.
    I recently made a DVD slideshow with Nero and it went like a dream. You should be able to put stacks of photos on a single DVD slideshow - I put over 1000 photos in the slideshow (in groups of 99) and used hardly any space on the DVD.

BTW Nice nick

Edit: my spelling again!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007