1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Install a Working Nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by goldenear, Mar 8, 2007.

1. goldenear

goldenear Member

I bought Nero 7 Ultra back in May 06. I have yet to get all the Nero modules I installed to work. I have XP Pro and it is setup as a single user. If I do a regular install, I get errors and not much gets installed. It turned out to be permission errors. So I used CleanTool, rebooted, then created the Ahead keys and gave them full permissions including sub keys. This allowed the install to go from start to finish without errors. I always downloaded the latest version before I tried again. This time around, the problem is with Nero Express. The module appears, I add a couple of items, then poof, the module closes suddenly and I'm back at the StartSmart screen and everthing I've done is lost. I have used Cleantool about 6 times to do a complete removal and install, but always something doesn't work right. I have AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 installed, and they work just fine. I have 1GIG Rambus 1066 memory and a 3.06GIG Pentium. Any ideas?

2. aDcleaner

aDcleaner Member

Do you have Roxio , did you have Nero 6. There are clean tools for both 6 + 7.

3. goldenear

goldenear Member

I have Nero 7, and I used the Cleantool for version 7.

4. goldenear

goldenear Member

PS
    I don't have Roxio, but I'm considering buying it if I can't get Nero 7 to work properly.

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Which version of Nero 7 are you trying to install??

6. goldenear

goldenear Member

I'm installing Nero 7.7.5.1 this time, previous tries were whatever version was the latest at the time I tried to install it.

7. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member