1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't install DVD X COPY GOLD - Co. out of BUS/ Can't call for "Final Install Password"

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bestbill, Nov 3, 2004.

1. bestbill

bestbill Member

Summer 04' purchase of brand new "DVD X COPY" from CompUSA. However, I CAN'T EVEN INSTALL IT because you MUST CALL "321 STUDIOS" to obtain a "FINAL INSTALLATION PASSWORD". I'm thinking "321 STUDIOS" must be out of business, because none of (3) different phone numbers works.

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN INSTALLATION PASSWORD I COULD TRY? ANYONE HAVE A "REACHABLE" PHONE NO., etc. for "321 STUDIOS? Please help - can't afford to throw $99 into thin air!!!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Although I sympathize with your dilemma, it's against forum rules to ask for passwords.

321 got sued out of existence and can no longer support their software so the best I can do is give you this link and hope it helps:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/99636

3. bestbill

bestbill Member

Thank you very much "Nephilim" - I apologize for asking for the actual password (i.e., I truly am a NEWBIE & it won;t happen again!). CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THEY EXPERIENCED THE SAME PROBLEM & HAD IT RESOLVED? >> i.e., I recently tried to install a $99 DVD-X-COPY GOLD only to find out I can't even install it (fully) because I need to get the final password from 321 STUDIOS, a company NOW out-of business. I HAVE EMAILED THEM MY PROBLEM but STILL HAVE NOT REC'd A SOLUTION. HAS ANYBODY ELSE OVERCOME THIS PROBLEM? IF YES - Could you email me your solution @ noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com! THANKS in ADVANCE!!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  4. camstuf

camstuf Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2004
  5. Nephilim

I hate to be a hardass but no posting email addies either ;)

I agree with camstuff. XCopy was at best a problematic app for most people. It's a damn shame that so many folks are SOL for the money they spent - we have the MPAA to thank for that.

In all honesty you're better off checking out DVD Shrink. It's better than XCopy ever hoped to be and best of all it's free. I know it's not much consolation but once you start using it it'll take some of the sting away :)

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Liar!!! ... You love it!! :)

7. Nephilim

Generally I do but not in this case :p