1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant install hp photosmart7960 printer

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by millym2, Aug 15, 2011.

1. millym2

millym2 Member

Hi
    After reloading xp with sp3 i now cant install my hp photosmart 7960 printer. It loads the software after i put in the disk but sometimes sticks when a pic of the printer & a cable come on screen, where theres a box to check if you want to continue 'without plugging in printer', sometimes it goes right to the end & tells me that the software has successfully been installed but if i look at 'printers & faxes' on xp control panel theres no printer there, and if i try to print something again it says no printer found. In the list of programmes once ive run the installation disc all the software is there. Ive tried installing using the disc, printer unplugged from computer,printer connected, printer on printer off but nothing works, even tried downloading a driver and again nothing!! Ive never had a problem installing the printer before & ive done it several times no probs so am mystified as to whats going on.
    Any help most appreciated thanks.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

when you had installed before, was it with sp3 or an earlier service pack as ran into that with a customer with sp3. ended up installing printer before installing sp3 with no problem.