1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Can't install KODI17.1 jn M8S+

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by marinafrtn, Jun 29, 2017.

1. marinafrtn

marinafrtn Newbie

I had KODI16. Follow video instruction I deleted everything, downloaded KODI17.1, but when I want to install it won't let me install it, says "Error". I tried to install KODI7.1 on another TVbox, but still the same "Error". It looks that I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone help me, please.

2. glyntamly

glyntamly Member

You need to be looking at version 17.3,and your box has to be 5 or above.Most of the boxes sold on e bay were kit kat rated 4.4.

3. piopat

piopat Active member

as glyn says your androis box AND ANY android box must have android software 5.1 or above in order to install kodi 17 . anything less than android 5.1 and kodi 17 wont install .

HOWEVER if your box has android firmware 4.4 (or 4.4.2 / 4.4.5 ) you can install ebmc 4.4

ebmc 4.4 is a modified verion of kodi 17 that works on older boxes that have android firmware 4.4 installed .

so any older boxes that have android 4.4 can be updated to to kodi 17 all be it it will be called ebmc and not kodi , but in effect exactly the same .

older boxes with android firmware below 4.4 can only go up to kodi 16 jarvis .

4. marinafrtn

marinafrtn Newbie

Thank you. I'll definitely try it