1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't install ripit4me w/o dvd decrypter!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bemana, Jan 14, 2007.

1. bemana

bemana Member

Hi guys, I'm a newbie who's going through the steps of learning how to backup when dvd shrink can't do it. I see ripit4me is a good one to try, but it needs a copy of dvd decrypter to work properly, of which I can't seem to find any downloads? I'm looking for free software at this point. Any advice? Just trying to get by like Cars, Shrek 2, etc...

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

3. bemana

bemana Member

Thank you fasfrank!

4. mrbillyho

mrbillyho Member

Don't forget to try DVDFab Decrypter also!! Works very well with DVD Shrink!

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Good idea. Shrink/Decrypter will work fine with lots of movies, but you will run into some that will not. DVDFabDecrypter
    It is an up to date ripper that will get past those pesky newer encryptions.
    You use it to make a copy of the DVD to a folder on your HDD then use Shrink/Decrypter as usual, opening the file instead of opening a disc.
    It's free!

I use AnyDVD for this which is even simpler, but you have to buy it.

6. 2colors

2colors Guest

Thats strange. I just did a search and the first site that showed up was mrbass.org pretty easy when you search.
    Also when you open RipIt4Me click on downloads and you'll also find Dvd Decrypter.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007
  7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

8. onya

onya Guest

To all DVD Shrink lovers, try the link next to sig pic for a freebie that works well with shrink and others. I havn't seen this app mentioned in AD forums, so I'm "suggesting" it whenever I can. Care to try it out? Opinions?

Cheers.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

My opinion is that if the menus are large enough to be causing a problem, do away with them all together. Use the segment forward and reverse if jumping through the movie. I usually use Rebuilder Pro and it has the option to encode menus. It also has the feature to steal space from extras if a person wants to keep those. Most movies though require little compression for the movie only and almost fit a DVD5 by themselves. So, usually doing movie and menu isn't a problem. Of course there's always "Lawrence of Arabia", "Gone With The Wind", and "Lord of the Rings". LOL We've also discussed editing apps here at AD that can edit menus. DvdReMake comes to mind.