1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't load CD-R copy w/ Swap Magic 3.2

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by hedgerock, Dec 12, 2004.

1. hedgerock

hedgerock Member

I can burn/play DVD-R perfectly (never had a problem) but I can't get Gauntlet Dark Legacy to load at all. This is the only CD-based PS2 game I have tried, but have tried burning twice with different disc types (TDK and Maxwell). Swap Magic gets to the "Load Program" screen and I have tried EVERY option. It will give a RED screen and eventually show me the Gauntlet credits (year, copyright, etc) but then just goes black as if it can't load the Table of Contents.

Any ideas?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

what speed did you write it at?

3. hedgerock

hedgerock Member

I copied the first one to a TDK disc at 40x, and then to the Maxwell disc at 24x.

4. fuzzywuz

fuzzywuz Member

Hey all, I'm in the exact same shoes as you are. ALL of the games I've burned on CDR won't work. I've burned about 4 different CDR games, none are working, like you said, only the red screen pops up.

I tried Battle Assault 3 Gundam SEED, Celebrity Death Match (i think that's what it was called), and several others. DVDRs work absolutely fine.

I use alcohol 120% to backup. I tried using the Playstation 2 setting, but that didn't work. Slowing down the burner doesnt work either.

I use Ritek CDRs.

Any ideas?!?!

Thanks!