1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant load original or backup

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by dsheps83, Oct 16, 2004.

1. dsheps83

dsheps83 Member

when i put the original dvd in it gets stuck it plays th eintro but wont load the game even when i load the retail bios. the games are v8 super cars 2 project gotham racing. both of these games wont load but when i first put the games on the hard drive they worked then and now i cant even play the original using the retail bios i put them in a mates xbox and they run fine the both load the intrro then lockup loading the game. ohh and burnout 3 yeah i like car games i have m8 and m7 bios and two different version of evox dash i have tried both but they still dont work my in game reset is off i cant tyhink of anything else

2. dsheps83

dsheps83 Member

common guys any have any ideas i am going back to my orignal harddrive cos it was around that time that the other games stopped working. i cant even play some of my originals that work in other peoples xboxs they lock up in the same spot as when i try to load them of the hdd because they work in other peoples xboxs i know the dvd's are still ok

3. bajoogs

bajoogs Member

I've had a similar problem in the past and the way I fixed it was by making sure your date and time on the MS dashboard are up to date. eg. make sure it's current time and date. Try that and see if it works. If not then I'm not sure. Good luck.

4. dsheps83

dsheps83 Member

i cant load the ms dash is that cos i upgraded the hardrive? but the date and time are correct. if i get time tonight il try puttin my old hard drive back in a see what happens

5. Doomcrew

Doomcrew Member

Dsheps, I had a similar problem with my modded xbox. I had the xenium ice modchip. When i placed any games that come with xbox live enabled, the game would freeze during loading(Burnout3) or the screen would be blue (Topspin Tennis). My problem resulted from using the hard drive upgrade feature built into the xenium OS. The solution (that fixed my problem), is to delete all the data from the e:\cache folder on your xbox (while ftp'd into the evox dash). After you do that, reboot and give it a try. Let me know how it went wehn and if you try it.