1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't load some pages... (GIF Image, 1x1 pixels)

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by aznikill, Apr 5, 2007.

1. graceline

graceline Guest

Kaspersky?..well we will see

Everything is back to normal after restoring to factory settings. Also changed to Norton. I still have Kaspersky subscription. I am afraid that I may get the GIF image..thing again if I switched back to Kaspersky. ???

2. SubJunk

SubJunk Member

You're right it is Kaspersky, it is specifically the Anti-Banner option in the Anti-Spy part.
    You can disable it in the settings.
    It is recommended you do that anyway, because even though ads are annoying, some sites will display incorrectly if you block the ads (the layout relies on the ad sometimes, so things are out-of-place without it). Regardless, it's nice to support good sites by checking out their ads :)

Anyway, to fix the error that this thread is about (the 1x1 gif error) just right-click on Kaspersky in the taskbar and select "Settings".
    Then go to Anti-Spy under the Protection category and just deselect "Enable Anti-Banner".

Alternately you can go into the anti-banner settings and add the sites that give you trouble to the White List.

For example, a website I use that has this problem is Statcounter. So to get around this problem while still having anti-banner enabled I would go to the anti-banner settings, the White List tab, click "Add" and call it something like:

my*.statcounter.com/*

Where an asterisk is a wildcard.

3. graceline

graceline Guest

SubJunk.

Thank you!

Anti-banner, wow interesting. I am going to fix the error now. :)

graceline

4. SubJunk

SubJunk Member

Glad to help, graceline. Thanks for saying thanks :)

5. owmimu

owmimu Member

Thanks for answering this question. I had the same problem and couldn't figure out why (not exactly logical Kaspersky anit-banner stops sites from loading...).
    One thing that would be good to mention in addition, however, is that the computer has to be restarted in order to make the change in Kaspersky take effect.
    After I realized this, your fix worked for me as well!
    thanks again
    owmi

6. SubJunk

SubJunk Member

Oh really? It worked without a restart for me. I'm glad it works though :)

7. cpedley

cpedley Member

8. cpedley

cpedley Member

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU INDOCHINE OR WHOEVER FOUND THAT IT WAS KASPERSKY! I love Kaspersky but you are right my pages now load fine!
    charles@cpedley.com

9. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

It wasn't me, actually, that found out it was Kapersky, (although I'm quite happy to take the credit!) but I did think it might be some kind of ad blocking software and I'm pleased I was right.

Last edited: May 10, 2007