1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't make a backup

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Arkayem, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Arkayem

Arkayem Guest

I'm trying to back-up 'Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest'.

I have successfully ripped the disk and saved the files.
    When I run DVD Shrink on the ripped files to try to make the ISO file, it gives an error as follows:

'DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Invalid data in file "E:\VTS_01_1.VOB'

Can I get past this somehow?

Thanks,

RKM

2. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  3. Arkayem

Arkayem Guest

1. I ripped it with DVD Decryptor.
    2. No, I did not know about VobBlanker until your post. The last time I backed up a DVD was about 2 years ago, and I never had these problems. I guess the DVD manufacturers are getting trickier than they used to be.

I have briefly scanned the links you provided. Looks like lots of good info, and I need to do some studying.

Thanks!

4. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

No problem, if there are any other difficulties speak up and I or someone else will help.

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Arkayem,
    Deadrum33 gave you good advice but since DVD Decrypter is not going to be updated anymore I suggest that you now use DVDFAB HD Decrypter. Below is the D/L site

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

6. Arkayem

Arkayem Guest

First, I tried ripping the DVD with my old DVD Decryptor software that I used back in 2004. That seemed to rip the DVD OK until I tried to compress it with Shrink. That's when I got the error. Then I found out about DVDFAB HD Decrypter and I tried that and it worked. Shrink no longer has the error when it compresses.

However, Shrink still calls my old DVD Decryptor program to burn the DVD. I realize that I can disable that call, but I don't see any burner capability in the new DVDFAB HD Decrypter. Am I wrong?

Is there better software to burn the DVD?

Thanks, RKM

7. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

DVDFab HD Decrypter doesn't have a burn engine so it won't link with DVD Shrink to do the burning for you. I would recommend Imgburn, which is authored by LUK, the same fella that gave us DVDD.

8. Arkayem

Arkayem Guest

I will download Imgburn and try it.

Thanks!!

RKM

9. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Good luck and happy burning.