1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't make iso files for some PS1 games using alcohol 120

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by bdbb, Jan 17, 2007.

1. bdbb

bdbb Member

For some of my games, there's no option to rip them to .iso format, only .mds and .ccd are available.

The games I've tried so far that are like this are:

G Darius
    Castlevania SOTN
    Mortal Kombat Trilogy
    Silhouette Mirage
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV
    Rayman
    Brigandine

I tried burning Gdarius into the mds/mdf format and then used ultraISO to convert it to an .iso. However, it just freezes with a black screen after the little sony warning. When I did the conversion, the program said that multitrack data would be lost. Any idea on a program that could rip these games straight to .iso and get them working?

2. iwillgetu

iwillgetu Regular member

if you want to use the games on ur psp i think you have popstation (it's on psp hacks)

3. Memnock

Memnock Active member

UltraISO doesn't work at all for this so forget that. I can rip PS1 games just fine as an ISO with Alcohol 120%. When you hit image making wizard and then next you should have a bunch of image format options in the drop down menu in the lower right corner of the screen. Select standard ISO and then convert with popstation.

4. bdbb

bdbb Member

Yeah, that's what I'm doing, but the ISO format isn't in the drop down menu for these specific games. I've already done about 10 other games and they were fine, but these don't have the option to burn as an ISO for some reason.

5. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

use cdrwin and make it a .bin and .cue then use Binga's Popstation.

6. Memnock

Memnock Active member

What's funny I came across 3 games myself today that wouldn't do an ISO. Bin/cue worked just fine for me.

7. bdbb

bdbb Member

Yeah, using bin/cue got everything to work for me and I was able to rip the rest of my games. Thanks guys.