1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't network pc to xbox.... going to pull my hair out ! ! !

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by cdburrner, Feb 27, 2005.

1. cdburrner

cdburrner Member

ok. i know what's what when it comse to computers, so i cant understand why i cant network my xbox to my pc. i've tried everything. i'm not using a NIC, i'm using the ethernet connection off my motherboard. is this the problem?

crossover cable method.
    my xbox is 192.168.1.200
    pc set to 192.168.1.199
    i have my firewall turned off
    i've tried xbox, Xbox, and root as usernames
    i can ping the address just fine but cant connect

i've tried every variation of every networking guide i've been able to find on the net and still no dice...
    i've tried changing the xbox ip to 192.168.0.3 as this seems to be the preferable medhot (as if it matters)

and yes, i remember to uncheck passive mode in flashfxp before people start asking me stupid questions.

when i go to connect through flashfxp i get either connection refused or connection times out.

i'm ready to pull out my f-ing hair!

2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

your cables are connected before you turn on your xbox correct?

And you xbox default gateway needs to be the same as your computers IP address. And if you are running evox from a cd or DVD instead of off the harddrive, then you cannont edit the xbox ip or default gateway from evox. You will need to burn a new CD for every time you want to change a setting.

3. modster

modster Regular member

use a router. i have my xbox turns on, and then connect the ethernet cable to the port and a DHCP ip address and I can ftp files to and from my computer. I know using the cross over cable is easier and faster, but using a router is easier and works.

hopes that help

4. cdburrner

cdburrner Member

yes, running evox from hdd, and cables all connected prior to turning box on... but never mind. for some reason, if i use my laptop all i have to do is connect the crossover and that's it. no messing with ip, gateway, nothing.... dont really understand it myself, but hey... cant complain.