1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant normaly boot to install xp black edition

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by lopitos, Feb 1, 2007.

1. lopitos

lopitos Member

when i try to install xp black edition it boots to [DR-DOS] and after that i cant launch the setup program

thankx

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

uhhm sorry to burst your bubble but
    isn't even a real version of windows.

3. joshHack

joshHack Member

What XP Black Edition is - A version of Windows XP Professional that has a ton of extra crap in it and some Vista looking backgrounds and Skins. This is an OEM version of Windows XP so if you are installing it on the computer it was made for (ie) Dell, HP you wouldn't need to enter a serial number, all you would have to do is boot it from the disc. Now there is a catch though, when you boot from disc your hard drive will be wiped out completely. All you will have on it when the install is complete is XP and all the other crap bundled into it. However - this is an illeagal modified copy of XP so you will not pass Windows Genuine Activation and will not be eligable for Windows Updates.

If you are gonna mess around with pirated software, at last know what the consiquences are and know how to install them.

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Ahh I see. Thanks joshHACK good to know. I personally use Vista Transformation pack. The look of Vista without the price and hassle.