1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't open files in DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Wiskerluv, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Wiskerluv

Wiskerluv Member

Here's the thing: I downloaded a movie (AVI.) and used AVI2DVD converter. The size of this is 699 MBs, so I wanted to shrink it to burn on a DVD. I ended up with a vob file, but when I try to open the file in Shrink, I get a message that it is an invalid data file. Also the analyze and backup buttons are greyed out in the program.

I clicked on that button to choose the drive and had 2 choices, both of which I got errors such as "No disc in drive" or "Invalid DVD, no matter which one I chose.

I am using Imation brand and it is a DVD+RW. Since I am a newbie, I probably have no idea what I am doing.

I have burned many movies onto these disks but all were in AVI format and which they come out really well. What I am trying to do is possibly make a DVD to play on our home DVD player, if that's possible.

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

A DVD5 holds 4.37GB. What was the end size of your conversion? If less than 4.37GB you wouldn't need Shrink. It sounds as though your file(s) were still noncompliant. Try ConvertXtoDVD or Nero Vision. Both will burn the output. With the Nero trial there is no mark on video output, with VSO there is.