1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't open swf files

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by {TKO}, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

i get emails with .swf fies attached and i can't open them. i tried reinstalling the adobe shockwave thingy for firefox and IE and they still won't play. and they won't play in firefox or IE. any suggestions? thanx in advance for the help.

2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

3. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

i installed it and when i tried playing te file and gives this error window, "Flash Player is not installed on your system. Swff Player need it to play Flash animations. Visit http//www.macromedia.com/ to learn more."

=(

4. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

5. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

funny you should say that. i thought the same thing. i did exactly that and it did in fact give me the same error message.

update: i just played a game that requires flash 8 and it plays just fine... http://fizzlebot.com/gdc1/cgdc1.php?puzzleID=5

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  6. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

OK, cool. Looks like you got it working, I am glad I could help you. :) If you need anymore help with anything don't be afraid to post.

Peace,

Pop Smith

7. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

sorry, i didn't clarify the gae plays, but i still can't open the files from my email.

8. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Oh, ok. No biggy, one silly question, did you save them to your hard drive. Not the email but the actual SWF file. Did you download and save it to a location on your hard drive?

If so, I am not sure why its giving you problems although I will read into it.

If not, try that and see what happens.

9. ireland

ireland Active member

just info
    i do not know if you downloaded this for swf files..

Flash Movie Player is a free stand-alone player for ShockWave Flash (SWF) animations, based on the Macromedia Flash Player plugin. In addition to all Macromedia Flash Player abilities, it has some extended features, such as animation rewinding, advanced full screen mode, playlists, browser cache integration and exe projectors support.
    http://www.eolsoft.com/freeware/flash_movie_player/

Adobe Flash Player Download Center
    Windows

Download Now

File size: 1,324 K
    Download Time Estimate: 2 minutes @ 56K modem
    Version: 9,0,16,0
    Browser: Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera, and CompuServe
    Date Posted: 6/27/2006
    Language: English
    Installation Instructions

1. Installation of Adobe Flash Player may require administrative access to your PC, which is normally provided by your IT department. For the installation to succeed, you may be asked to close all open browser windows during the installation.
    2. Click the Download Now button. A dialog box will appear asking you where to save the Installer.
    3. Save the Installer to your desktop, and wait for it to download completely.
    4. An Installer icon will appear on your desktop. Double-click on it.

Flash Player 8
    5. You may be prompted to close open browser windows to continue with the installation.
    6. You can verify the version you have installed by visiting the About Flash page.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

10. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

i tried DL'ing to the HD and playing it. nothing.

i tried the new player and now it says, "Flash Movie Player requires Macromedia Flash Player plugin, which is not found at this system. Go to the Macromedia site to download and install plugin?" which takes me to the place that i got the DL previously.

so it seems that the plugin is missing, but i've installed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.