1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant play any movies

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Kacorot, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Kacorot

Kacorot Member

I dunno what happened, but now i cant play any movies (.avi,. mpg, etc.)like i used windows media player, divx, and real play one player , and they all say the same thing like windows has generated errors and the program will now be terminated or something like that, so i dun think its any of my player problems.

2. Kacorot

Kacorot Member

ok i used g-spot and it says that theres something wrong with this file
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lameACM.acm
    msacm.lameacm

so what am i suppose to do with it??

3. abhim89

abhim89 Guest

It looks like your mp3 encoder (Lame MP3 Encoder) is malfunctioning. Try reinstalling it. If you don't have the Lame installer download it from(http://mitiok.cjb.net/)

Hope that works...

4. loopymofo

loopymofo Member

i have just downloaded a 2 part AVI and no matter what program i use to play it on it will encounter a problem and have to close. I have all the codecs installed and they are all up to date. Anyone know how i can fix this?

5. abhim89

abhim89 Guest

What error messages (if any) are you getting. Does either the video or audio play normally?

6. loopymofo

loopymofo Member

oddly enough...all my codecs decided to start working so now it plays fine...but before it just said that the program i used encountered a problem and needs to close. vidoe was there then freezes after a second asnd audio keeps playing. Now the video works fine and i had to reinstall the AC3 codec and now it all works again....confusing i tell ya..hehe