1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't play audio cd in dvd/car cd player..help please

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by schan, Dec 25, 2002.

1. schan

schan Guest

Hi all,

I just bought a Memorex cd-r/rw burner with Nero 5. I converted mp3s to .wav with nero, and then I burn it. I can play it on the PC and a regular cd player, but i can't play it on my dvd or in the car. Am I doing something wrong, perhaps the way I converted the file? Any help or suggestion would be greateful.

thank you in advanced,

S

2. slicer

slicer Member

Sounds to me like a CDS protected disc ;-)

It may help if you tell us the layout of the disc (did you burn disc-at-once, what speed did you burn it on, ...)

3. schan

schan Guest

Yes I burn the disk-at-once and my burn speed was 12x. running win98 se and Nero 5.5.10

thanks

4. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

some models of Stereo and DVD players do not recognize CD-R discs.. specifically SONY & Panasonic to name a couple. In the case that your car stereo and DVD players are not compatible with CD-R discs, you may want to try CD-RW discs instead.

you can confirm your dvd players CD-R playback capabilities by going to vcdhelp.com and checking out the player compat area.

http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers

best of luck!

5. schan

schan Guest

thanks for all the info.

The reason why I am so curious now is that I still able to play the audio cd that I burn earlier with my Gateway pc, which I gave to my buddy. So I just want to make sure it wasn't the software or the burner. Because it was the same memorex media that I had used for my previous burn also. I guess the only difference is the old one, I burn with Adaptec and this one with Nero, I hope the software isn't an issue.

thanks

6. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

Well if you wonder about the software, go to www.feurio.com and download that program. It is by far the best audio burning program out there.