1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't play back dvd on tv

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wicche, May 26, 2004.

1. wicche

wicche Guest

The message I get when I try to play this movie on a stand alone dvd player is "Can not play movie due to regional limitations" or something like that.
    The movie I got was already at 4.35gb and in a iso. file. I used Isobuster to open it and nero express to burn it to a dvd-r disk. Am I to gather that a shrinking program was used to get the movie to 4.35gb but no program was used to deal with the region limitations.
    The disk plays fine with Windows Media player.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That would be my first guess. DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink will remove the region coding during the rip so you should make sure the settings are such that they will do this. If you do not own the original, as it seems, you're out of luck here because we do not discuss piracy.

3. iracekx

iracekx Member

I am having a simaliar problem. I am using Roxio DVD builder to transer vhs to DVD. I took a clip from some video tape 2 min clip burned it played on DVD in living room. I took a concert and transfered it to the hard drive it came to 3.2 gigs burned to DVD will only play in computer. My capture device has 12 bit and 16 bit audio encoder I don't think that had anything to do with it. What is funny the 2 min motorcylce video clip worked fine I don't know what went wrong I have the video on the hard drive will windows movie maker work to burn to DVD I have no idea what went wrong the concert is only 54 min long. I would appreciate it if anybody has any info or input.