1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant Play burned xbox 360 games after updating

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Paschalos, May 27, 2011.

1. Paschalos

Paschalos Member

Please someone help me. Yesterday at 26/5/2011 i turned on my xbox to play and i got a message that says a new update is available if you delcine youll be signed out of xbox live
    i accepted because i have LT+ and liteon drive and after the update i put one of my burned games to play as everyday{the game was not AP 2.5} and there goesa black screen as normal and suddenly the xbox 360 logo pops up as the games was a movie and if i press A there isa bar tha has play,stop,fast forward etc i press play and an attepting to read media pops up and nothing happens and after that i close my xbox and put an original game and my xbox plays it! And then i try several times other burned games and the cant be palyed the same xbox logo pops up every time.I went to the game library to see if my burned games are there as 'original' but there are only the original games not the burned please someone help me i dont know what to do !!

Everybody i know that i should look at the forums but i wasnt sure to reflash so alli need to do is re flash it ??? Im not banned from xbox live

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. gradeon

gradeon Member

have you even tried to read thru the forums yet?

4. GI2

GI2 Regular member

Wow. You should have read the forums.

You need to reflash it or wait for LT+ 2.0

5. outtatime

outtatime Guest

Paschalos you've gotta keep up on this stuff man, the mod scene changes all the time, check 360 modding sites regularly to avoid a sitch like this.

Look into flashing your drive back to LT+, the update flashes it back to stock (kinda, it's stock but it's new MS FW).

6. cab0747

cab0747 Member

WHAAAAAAAT?! WE CANT PLAY GAMES AFTER THE UPDATE?! Does it flash our drives or something!?

On a more serious note: The update is to change the FW of your drive. This will bring AP2.5 protection to all games. If you have a Liteon drive, it has been reverted back to stock FW. If you had LT+ on it when you did the update, you may be banned as well.

If you are lucky enough to have an older Hitachi drive, nothing needs done. Your drive will stay the same. However, there MAY be new checks to see if you have modded FW on your drive.

Next time, please review other posts before you create one.

7. cab0747

cab0747 Member

WHAAAAAAAT?! WE CANT PLAY GAMES AFTER THE UPDATE?! Does it flash our drives or something!?

On a more serious note: The update is to change the FW of your drive. This will bring AP2.5 protection to all games. If you have a Liteon drive, it has been reverted back to stock FW. If you had LT+ on it when you did the update, you may be banned as well.

If you are lucky enough to have an older Hitachi drive, nothing needs done. Your drive will stay the same. However, there MAY be new checks to see if you have modded FW on your drive.

Next time, please review other posts before you create one.

8. outtatime

outtatime Guest

And don't be impatient and hit reply twice :)

9. oldad

oldad Member

i have a hitachi rom version 59dj from 06 will i be okay if i update

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  10. oldad

oldad Member

i have a hitachi rom version 59dj from 06 will i be okay

11. noideame

noideame Regular member

people people people.... please read the the modding/flashing threads, then you wont need to ask questions that have been answered zillions of times.

12. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Rule of thumb: NEVER update without checking to see if it's safe to do so first.

13. oldad

oldad Member

so would i be safe in updating since it is a 2006 hitachi drive that is flashed
    also if you downloaded update on computer and put on usb stick would that still flash your drive

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011