1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't play DVD after DVDshrink + Nero

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Estoney, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Estoney

Estoney Member

Please be patient with me as I am new to the whole DVD ripping thing. OK, so after a few weeks of research I used DVDshrink to copy Spiderman to my harddrive. After that, I used Nero 5590 to burn to my DVDr (HP 200i) using a HP dvd+rw (came with DVDr drive). I have followed all of the instructions and still can't get the DVD to play in the computer, or in my stand alone.

I have gotten NO error messages, and when I try to play the DVD it opens the file folder VIDEO_TS and it will not recognize as a video or DVD. I feel that I am missing a step, or it did not download to the computer right. I know the programs work, because all of you are telling me that this is the best combo to use for backing up my DVDs. It must be user error, but I'm not sure where to go from here.

PLEASE HELP!!!! I am so frustrated right now.

Thanks for your time.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

What u trying to play it in?

3. va1

va1 Member

When using nero, make sure you burn using the video file mode and not a data backup. What version of nero are you using

4. Estoney

Estoney Member

I'm using a Toshiba SD2200 for the stand alone, and an HP 220i internal DVDr drive using XP and Pentium 4, 2.4 Gig. I can open each file with Windows Media Player and I get the video with sound. How do I record it to the DVD so the that it knows it's supposed to play as a regular movie would?

Thanks again for your patience,

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ok right, so what format are all your files in then?

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2003
  7. blkknight

blkknight Guest

Maybe you could try what I did for this problem. This happened to me and all I had to do was make a menu for the dvd by authoring with TMPGEnc DVD author which allowed me to play the dvd disc in my computer automatically and in my standalone dvd players that I have. You can find a guide for this at http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/index.htm