1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant play dvd-r's games

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by baller44, Mar 1, 2005.

1. baller44

baller44 Member

recenlty brought a ps2 with a neo 4 chip think once i do the disc swap place and the dvd-r in. the screen goes black and stays there.

i have another that goes black than goes to the browser screen and comes up with the ps2 game u click on it it does the same thning above.

i am using the demo disc to swap i keep hearing about the toc aint the demo disc bigg enough

can u help me

2. philipman

philipman Regular member

I don't think that you need a swap disc with that modchip.

3. WEStar

WEStar Active member

I don't mean to sound like an bumhole but, why would you get a ps2 with neo4??? that mod is so old so I'm guessing you bought the system used. I sure hope you didn't pay too much for it. As far as booting goes you're right about TOC being smaller (assuming you mean for DVD-R swapping) the disc that you're using to swap with should have a larger TOC than the backup (the largest non dvd9 I know of are Devil may cry demo and the actual devil may cry game and I don't know if DVD9 games can be used as the swap disc). Also, are you sure you're following the correct booting procedures? good luck hope I helped.

4. baller44

baller44 Member

thanks for that
    i well i sold my normal one and payed £40 on top i found that w11 8 would not work used gta:vc as the swap disc works fine i backed it up again and it works fine with any normal swap disc so i assume it was the disc was not a good quilaty. but there are a few that still dont work. u r right i do need a game that has a big TOC i assumed gta:sa would be bigger than gta:vc but i guess wrong.

thanks for your help guys!