1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't play EA backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pusboil, Sep 21, 2004.

1. pusboil

pusboil Guest

I have made backups of tons of games but I must admit I have been using the same old method for a while.

I have:
    non- soder mod chip
    Nero 5.5.914
    Game shark disks
    DVD-R A104
    Ritek -r media

I usually make do a dvd copy to HD with nero and then use nero again to write to ritek -R

I then use game shark to get to main menu
    put in GTA3
    start game without codes, hold eject until disk comes out
    swap with copy and hit x when it closes

this works for 99% of games but not the new EA sports NCAA 2005, EA baseball and Madden 2005

am I missing sonmething ?
    do I need a patch or is my mod chip just to old?

2. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

I just got some Ritek G04 DVD-R and burnd madden then using swapmagic 2.0 and slide card and it aint workin also. Is there somthin up with Madden and ritek?

Im using Swapmagic 2.0 w/ slide card V4 PS2

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  3. pusboil

pusboil Guest

not sure I am trying dvd decryter right now and see if that works for ncaa 2005

I will let you know

4. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

i use dvd decrypter only so far. And i know im doing it right, mode-iso-read, then mode-iso-write

5. pusboil

pusboil Guest

just tried it, no good

I have like 5 games I can't play all EA sports and with Tiger 2005 coming out today i guess I will have to buy it unless someone can explain to me what I am doing wrong.

I have reas about an image patcher but I don't really understand what it is. Maybe that is what I need

6. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Yea i duno anything bout disc Id and image patcher, i hope theres a fix like that or sumthin for madden 05. I don't ever plan on playing online i like just playing franchise so i hope thats a try!

7. Djlai78

Djlai78 Member

I can play all my back ups. I have a ps2 fliptop with swap magic version 2.0 dvd boot cd. Madden 05 boots fine with no skips. I am using Ritek G04 dvd-r with lite-on dvd + - burner. Program I am using is Dvd Decrpter

8. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Im also using DVD decrypter, i have a LiteOn +/- RW burner as well, swapmagic w/ slide card, Ritek G04 DVD-R, PS2 v4, is it cuz it's a V4? Works for you, this sucks.

9. odiejewel

odiejewel Member

I want in to this thread. I am using an almost exact duplicate of pusboil's system (no solder mod, game shark, etc...). The only difference is I'm using +r media. I'm having the same results and would appreciate anyone explaining what the problem is.

Do EA DVDs require a patch with the no solder mods? Where can this patch be obtained? I've searched but without any luck. The only patching software I've found goes back a few years and seems to focus on CDs. I've already lost one of my originals to damage and would like to protect the rest.

Any help would be appreciated.

10. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

I use SM disk with -r media and i have never had a problem with EA games. I have a v10 also.

11. Krish_82

Krish_82 Guest

use swap magic then load dvd loader. the will make ea games to work. my backup of 007: everythin or nothin wouldnt load with swap magic. but with the use of dvd loader i got it to work. u can download it from www.swapmagicfix.com

12. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Well i never tried DVD Loader before and does the DVD Loader 7all work with a V4 PS2, i need to know exactly what to do, i have a PS2 V4, Swapmagic w/ slidecard? Does it go like this?

1. Insert Swapmagic dvd
    2. swap with dvd loader
    3. Press eject
    4. Insert Swap magic again press x
    5. Swap to Madden 2005 backup... That correct?

And is there a good chance this will fix it? Why is there a DVD loader when on swapmagicfix.com is shows instructions for using CDr and DVDr based games using CD Loader?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2004
  13. Krish_82

Krish_82 Guest

i 2 have a V4 ps2. that is the correct way to launch it.

14. ninjadoc

ninjadoc Member

Pusboil...Had the same problem using Gameshark. Copied EA games with multiple programs, and nothing worked. Bought Swap magic, and all of the EA copies that didn't work with Gameshark, worked perfectly with Swap magic.

Nero
    PS2 v4
    Neo 2.2
    Ritek -r

15. odiejewel

odiejewel Member

Thanks for the tip NinjaDoc. I will get Swap Magic and give it a try.

16. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

i ran a scan with a-ray on my copied madden and it found "LibCrypt/PSX sign found" could this be why madden isn't working on my v4 ps2 with swapmagic and slide card with Ritek DVD-R G04? DVD decrypter removed the macrovision, and listed RCE protection "no" and any copyright as "none" i did the burn the right way, mode-iso-read and after that, mode-iso-write.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  17. pusboil

pusboil Guest

I will get swap magig but I didn't see Where I can download DVD Loader v7 all. could someone point me in the right direction

Is there no way to get EA games to work with Game shark?

18. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Here pusboil, DVD Loader 7all is there.. When you have the swapmagic, let me know if madden works, if it don't and you try DVD loader let me know also what happends, if only DVD loader works then i may give it a try, but not now until i know, don't wanna waste another DVD.

http://www.consolemaniac.com/en-us/pg_22.html

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  19. Krish_82

Krish_82 Guest

DVD loader only works with Swap Magic. You Need to load Swap Magic, then swap it for DVD loader. DVD Loader will not work/ load by iteself.

20. pusboil

pusboil Guest

Thanks for the info on the DVDloader.. I will try it and let you know how I made out