1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't play emulators on 3.40 OE-A ?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by phil7101, Jul 7, 2007.

1. phil7101

phil7101 Member

Hi everybody, I'm a noob at this, so be gentle!

I've got 3.40 OE-A firmware installed, and managed to successfully get the Snes9xTYL 0.4 emulator up and running (thanks to beatz's step-by-step tutorial I found on this forum), so I've got no problems playing SNES games. I can't seem to get any other kind of emulator to work though, I've tried downloading some old school emus like Atari 2600 and Colecovision, but I just get 'Corrupted Data' files that won't work. I did get a MAME emulator installed, but the problem there is that it says "Error : no available games found" whenever I try to load it. Any advice on how to get any of these to work? I'm probably making a really obvious mistake! If there are tutorials out there for doing these, I'd appreciate a link :)

2. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

Where are u putting these emulators. Also is the guide meant for ur firmware?

3. phil7101

phil7101 Member

Actually I did get the old school emulators to work, I think it was a problem with the GAME and GAME150 folders. I'm not entirely sure what I did wrong, but its working now anyway! MAME still won't work but I've read on a lot of forums that its a common problem. Seems like a lot of the ROMS are slow or don't have sound anyway, so its probably not worth pursuing.

4. pspmexicn

pspmexicn Member

try formatting ur memory stick

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007