1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't play ISO or CSO with my PSP Ver3.5 - HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by rajjtizon, Sep 3, 2007.

1. rajjtizon

rajjtizon Guest

I just bought my PSP version 3.50.. I dowloaded some .iso and .cso games created a folder named ISO in the X:\PSP\GAMES in my memory stick and saved the downloaded games in this folder. When I tried to open the games in my psp it only says 'Corrupted Data'. Is there a way to play those games without downgrading the firmware of my PSP??? Or should I just need to download something to be able to read the game files??

Thanks!!!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If your on 3.50 official firmware you will need to downgrade to 1.50 then install CFW.

You have 2 options for downgrading.

You can use a 3.50 downgrader which you need an unpatched version of Lumines to do so.

Here is the GUIDE on how to downgrade using this method (Look under the 3.52 section)

OR

You can use the Pandora's Battery unbricker/downgrader method. With this method you will need to know someone that has a PSP with 1.50 or CFW. You will need to use that PSP to create the Pandora battery to downgrade.

Here is a GUIDE for this method.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  3. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

You need a game called Lumines. Then, you have to download this to downgrade but to use it, you need the game Lumines. you can get an easy guide here. Once you downgrade, you'll be at 1.50. Then, you have to upgrade to 3.40 OE-A (you can download it from here). Once you're on 3.40 OE-A, you have to put the ISO's in the ISO folder in the root of your PSP (X:/ISO/"Put your ISO's here").

4. rajjtizon

rajjtizon Guest

thanks man! i'll try it..

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You don't have to upgrade to 3.40 OE-A

You can also upgrade to 3.52 M33-4 which is the most resent CFW.

Or any CFW that you want.

6. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

I know, but I recommend 3.40 OE-A. 3.52 M33 is kind of an ugly name and there's barely any difference between 3.40 and 3.52.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Dude your not serious. Your telling the guy not to update to 3.52 M33-4 because it has an ugly name?

Just another Diehard 3.40 OE-A fan thinking nothing could ever be better.

Also game compatibility and NO UMD compatibility is better in the 3.52 M33-4 CFW.

8. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

I didn't tell him not to upgrade to 3.52 M33-4 I just encourage people to keep Dark_AleX's firmwares to keep the lagce until new games require higher firmware than 3.40. And why would anyone use No-UMD? What, without a UMD, the PSP is liter?!

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Like I haven't heard that 1 before.

OE has a NO UMD option so evidently it wasn't to silly of an option to have. It is a nice option to have if you happen not to have a UMD around. Plus it is a nice option if your UMD Bay ever becomes F**K up.

Plus the M33 team is keeping Dark_AleX's legacy going. They are just adding on to what Dark Alex has generously already given us. All I sugested ti him was there are more options out there besides OE CFW.

10. nottyer

nottyer Member

You do know that you have just helped this person with piracy! he obviously hasnt got the original UMD as he is on the offical FW!

SHAME ON YOU ALL!!

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@nottyer

Maybe he has the game but just downloaded the backup off the net because he didn't know how to rip it.

Your just assuming stuff.

if you feel this thread is about piracy then feel free to click the report button and have a Mos make that decision.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  12. nottyer

nottyer Member

Sorry if i have assumed wrong, but i am a software devloper and piracy just really agrovates me. Sorry if i have upset anyone

13. harrash

harrash Member

i need help im on 3.40 OE-A and i have NBA 07 the umd so i downloaded a backup rom for it and put it into my k:/ISO folder right next to my K:/PSP folder so when i go to games and try to run it it says this game cannot be runned what should i do

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do you have a UMD in the Bay? Try playing it with a UMD in the Bay. You might have to go to your system settings and turn off Auto-Start for the UMD option.

15. harrash

harrash Member

ty larrylje it works now :)

16. carterj7

carterj7 Member

Can someone help me please, I'm going crazy here.

I have CFW 3.52 M33 w/ update 4. I have downloaded both the fastloader and UMDemulator,l and have followed the instructions to put them on my psp. But all i'm getting is the "corrupted data" icon. I can't install the emulator so i can't play isos. Anyone have suggestions??? I'd really appreciate any help i can get. thanks n advance

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@carterj7

If your on 3.52 M33-4 you don't need either of those apps to play ISO games.

All you do is place the ISO/CSO in the ISO folder.

I would reformat your MS and start fresh and choose 1 of the below options to play your ISO/CSO games.

You have 2 options. You can play the ISO by having a UMD in the UMD Bay(If you choose this method you should go to system settings and disable Auto-Start in the UMD Options)

OR

You can enable the NO UMD in the recovery menu. (This will allow you to play the ISO/CSO without a UMD in the Bay).

To enable this option go to Recovery Mode. Press the R Shoulder button down while turning on the PSP. A recovery menu should come up. If you don't see it try hitting the brightness button till you see it.

Now go to Configuration and press X

Then go to UMD MODE and keep pressing X till you see Sony NP9660 NO UMD.

When you see the Sony NP9660 NO UMD under the UMD MODE. Go up to BACK and press X

Then go down to EXIT and press X. Now you will boot to the XMB.

If you have the ISO/CSO in the ms0:/ISO folder then the game should run. (If you choose the 2nd option you don't need a UMD in the Bay. Plus if you didn't format your MS before hand make sure those other apps have been taken off the MS).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  18. carterj7

carterj7 Member

i don't i have an ISO folder there. Should I be formatting my memory stick after i upgrade?

19. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Yeah format the MS there should be a ISO folder in the root.

ms0:/ISO

Make sure you backup your game saves if you have any. They are in the ms0:/PSPGAME/SAVEDATA folder. Just drag the SAVEDATA folder over to your PC then drag it back after you format it.

You did go to 3.52 M33 then to 3.52 M33-4 correct? Or did you just go straight to 3.52 M33-4?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  20. carterj7

carterj7 Member

i upgraded straight to m33-4 at first, then i realized that was bad, so i went back and did it right.

do i need to back up any of the files created by the m33creator, or any other files other than game saves?