1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Play MixTapes ! PLZ HELP!!

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by biglospim, Feb 18, 2007.

1. biglospim

biglospim Guest

Hi Guys I can't seem to get my disc changer in my car to play burnt discs. Has anyone had this problem ? I would Appreciate any suggestions. I got some lightscribe Verbatim CD-Rs which I thought were good Media, but those didn't seem to work either. I got a 92 Lexus and I'm pretty sure the audio system is made by Lexus if that helps ?! I can get it to play original CDs but no luck playing burnt ones. I can't stand it !! I want to make mix CDs for the car and I'm sick of the radio already. LOL!

2. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

Just to check..does the burned disc play in any other CD or DVD player?

If yes, it may be that your 92 Lexus player is not compatible with CD-R or the Verbatim media. If no, then we need to sort out the burn process.

This may not have anything to do with it, but...Has the LightScribe disc a blueish burn surface? If it does you could try another media type that has a silver burn surface (I'm making this up as I go!)

3. biglospim

biglospim Guest

Yes it plays back on other players and they are actually silver already on the burn surface.

4. biglospim

biglospim Guest

Does The Write speed Matter like on DVDs, should I be using half the speed when writing or something, whats recommended? it still plays on other players and not this one so I doubt if it is going to help.

5. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

Because it plays OK on the other players, I doubt the burn speed will be significant, but you never know.
    I've seen comments that 32X is the sweet spot for 52X CD-R, but I use 16X or 24X on my laptop, because it's 24X max.

Might be time to start saving for a new one, player I mean, not car.
    Something that plays MP3 can keep the tunes going for hours and hours.