1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't play movies with windvd or powerdvd

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by rickywsf, Jan 30, 2005.

1. rickywsf

rickywsf Member

Ok this is what I've done so far. I put a dvd in. Ran DVD Decrypter went to ISO read and that put it on my hard drive. Then searched and found it. It's in two seperate files an ISO file and an MDS file. I want to run the program from my hard drive but they are not in a format that either windvd or powerdvd understands. What I would eventually like to try doing is to put bits and pieces together for a more multi-media type of presentation. I can't help but feel I've left out a step somewhere. Can anyone help with this situation please?
    Thanks

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

If all you wanted to do is play the movie with those programs, download Daemon Tools. You can mount the .iso on one of the virtual drives. You could also get VLC media player which can play them.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

4. bojomn

bojomn Member

I have a similar problem. I mounted an ISO from a DVD movie (ISO using UltraISO) in daemon then tried to play it with windvd. the video didnt go past the fbi warning and the audio was choppy. Same happened with powerdvd, and I couldn't open the plain ISO file in powerdvd, either.

any suggestions?

(I also tried to save an ISO with DVDdecrypter but it only transfered as IFO, BUP, and VOB files)

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

You created a video ts file .. ie your ripped in file mode.

You need to open decrypter -> click mode -> ISO Read R