1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't play on stand alone DVD player - Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dp95, Jan 16, 2004.

1. dp95

dp95 Member

I used DVDShrink to rip and compress the video. I then used Roxio Creator 6 to burn the "AUDIO_TS" (empty) and "VIDEO_TS" (DVDShrink files) directories to a blank Fujifilm DVD+RW using my HP 300e burner. Everything appears fine and it plays great on my computer. I try to load it into my DVD Player (Apex AD-1200) and it says "Unknown Disc". Nothing I try seems to work. The stand alone player is supposed to be able to play DVD+RW's according to every compatability chart I've seen, but no go...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!! TIA

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

dvd+rw has poor compatibility with standalones. using rw is best to test the process to see if it will work. It is time to take the plunge and try a +r. (which may not be compatible either)

you can check compatibility at:
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php

3. xpro77

xpro77 Member

I have the same dvd player (apex ad-1200). Sony 510 dvd burner no problem playing dvd+rw made with DVD SHRINK . I use RecordNow Dx 4.61 to burn. Try DVD DECRYPTER
    it will rip and burn a dvd as long as the whole movie will fit on a dvd. Also make sure VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS directory remains uppercase once burned. I have a panasonic rp91 that wouldn't play Video_ts had to be VIDEO_TS. Or maybe a different brand of media Good Luck !