1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Play Original Xbox Games on 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by iround90, Apr 21, 2007.

1. iround90

iround90 Member

Hi...I have an Xbox 360 with the firmware hack that lets me play backups of my 360 games. However I seem to be having some trouble with Xbox games:

Halo 1 and 2 both play fine, but none of the Grand Theft Auto games play, I have originals and backups to all 3 of them but none will play.

Is there any way I can make this work because I havent got any other way of playing them. Thanks in advance for any help!

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Make sure they are of the same region as your console.Also check the compatibility list for xbox games playable on xbox 360.You can make a search for the compatibility list on google.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  3. iround90

iround90 Member

The games are all PAL, so they should play and all 3 GTA games are on the compatability list on Microsoft's site...help lol

4. iround90

iround90 Member

Can anyone help please?

5. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Have you tried playing them on another xbox360?I guess you've already downloaded and run the xbox software emulator.If not,check here and follow the instructions.

6. iround90

iround90 Member

Actually I haven't run that I never knew about it..I wonder why the Halo games worked then? Ah well, I'll give that a try now and post back here if it doesn't work. Thank you TY4ever

7. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

You're welcome.Do keep me informed if it works after running that software emulator on your xbox360.

Vincent.

8. iround90

iround90 Member

Yeah that works, the backups dont play but the originals do so i'm happy with that. Thanks again for the help!