1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't press start button

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Apfan, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Apfan

Apfan Member

Hi

I'm using hdadvance 3 and a harddisk to load NFS Carbon. It boots, but on the start menu (where I have to press start) I can't seem to press any button. I tried mode 3, which is recommended as compatibility mode, still doesn't work. I also tried using different versions, both PAL and NTSC. Another game "Tokyo Xtreme Racers Drift" didn't work either (also can't press start). BTW other games work fine on the harddisk.
    Does anyone have a clue of what could be wrong?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

That is a bit weird for sure. I wonder if those games are compatible with HD Advance? I looked on the list and saw NFS Carbon but no one had made any comments and the PAL version is the only one that says OK beside it and no one has made a comment saying that it is supported.

3. Apfan

Apfan Member

I thought so too. I looked on the internet searching for people that have similar problems, but I couldn't find any.
    Could it be a hardware problem?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

i would doubt it would be hardware since every game works except for those two. Do these games work fine when played from the disc? If so then i would just say delete them from the HDD and use the disc. I had to do that with Fast & The Furious Tokyo Drift game. It would work but always froze up on me at various stages of the game for no reason, same thing on my friends system.
    I have NFS Carbon for PS2 but did not test it on the hard drive. If i get a chance this weekend i will test it for you. I have it for Xbox so i played it on there until i got the PC version which was way better. Now i have the 360 version which is just like the PC.
    the other game i do not have (i don't think). It sounds familiar so i may. I lose track sometimes.