1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant preview video on pc

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by PKOssie, May 7, 2012.

1. PKOssie

PKOssie Member

hi i'm trying to download my old vhs tapes to my pc i've gone from vhs recorder to tv and my old tapes work fine but when i try to go from vhs recorder to pc sometimes it says no device is found or on the preview screen it remains blank when vhs is playing.i am using easycap from vhs to pc,and i've used windows movie maker,ulead videostudio 10,and debut video capture software but no joy,any ideas where i'm going wrong. cheers.

2. mphsbelle

mphsbelle Member

It may depend on whether these are pre-recorded movies or videos recorded "over the Air". I am getting ready to try the same sort of thing. I know that in order to duplicate pre-recorded movies, I had to buy a little box - but that was almost 20 years ago. I purchased Roxio easy vhs to dvd3 to try but have not had the time lately. What kind of hook-up to your computer do you have?